Chapter 1: The Spirit

*Third Person POV*

Bakugo stomped back through the halls of the dorm building, towards his dorm. Christmas decorations covered every wall of the hallways, with a wreath on every door.

Even Bakugo's own door hadn't been spared by the Christmas cheer, and he glared at the ring of leaves that hung on his door.

"What the hell!?"

He grabbed the wreath off his door, tearing it in half. He crushed the thing into a small ball and set off a small explosion, singing it until it was unrecognizable. He then chucked the burned wreath down the hall, where it landed in front of Y/n's dorm.

"Nice throw." Y/n complimented.

"Shut up, you damn jolly fool!"

Bakugo slammed the door to his dorm shut behind him, disappearing into the dark room.

"Hm," Y/n said, opening the door to his room and straightening his own wreath, "Even Bakugo's speaking in holiday-themed insults."

Inside Bakugo's room, he didn't even bother to turn on the lights. He enjoyed the dark, it was cold and solitary, and sharp as a flint and as dead as a doorknob.

He opened up his computer, typing away at some site he was using. The glow of the screen lit up his face as the only source of light in the room. Even in the low light, one could tell that the room was scarcely decorated, with no sign of the Christmas spirit that his classmates excelled in.

Time passed rapidly, with Bakugo typing away on his computer. There was a creak on the floorboard behind him, and he turned. Scanning the dark room, Bakugo noticed the alarm clock sitting on his bedside table. It seemed to have fallen over somehow, and he stood up to fix its position.

Grabbing the alarm clock and looking at it's face, Bakugo squinted in the darkness to see the alarm clock's features.

"Bakugooo..."

The voice came from nowhere, echoing from everywhere in the room. Bakugo looked around in fear, before returning his eye line to the alarm clock.

"BAKUGO!"

A face shot out of the clock, causing Bakugo to yelp and throw the alarm clock into the air. He fell onto his back, dropping the clock and hearing it shatter on the floor.

Once the fear had washed over him and his heart rate returned to normal, Bakugo stood up and picked up the alarm clock once again.

"Huh," Bakugo said, looking at the broken face which had returned to normal and frozen at 11:30pm, "I must be tired. I'm seeing things."

Bakugo threw the clock into the trash can, kicking it under his desk. He let out a prolonged yawn, before walking to his bed and tucking himself in.

As the night ticked on, Bakugo found himself in a fitful sleep. His nightmares came one after another, and his blankets were drenched in sweat.

The ticks seemed to get louder and louder, echoing in his dreams. Finally, his eyes snapped open in fear, looking around the room. The ticking had finally stopped, though he was still drenched in a cold sweat.

"Ah, you're finally awake."

Bakugo's eyes shot over to the desk, where a faded figure sat in his chair. There was a light blue glow emanating from the figure, as it crossed it's legs. His face looked familiar to Bakugo, as well as his posture.

"W-what the hell are you playing at Y/n!?"

Y/n stood up, dusting himself off and revealing the long robe he was wearing. His body was transparent, and Bakugo could see the chair behind him as he stood. Wrapped around his arms and legs were chains, with heavy metals locks that weighed down his movements.

"W-what the f*ck are you!?"

"Do you not recognize me?!" The ghost shouted, "I am the Spirit of your friend, before he changed his course! I have come to spare you the same fate I have!"

"Spare me!?" Bakugo said, the ghost's index finger pointed to his heart, "B-but what have I done?"

"It is not what you've done, but what you lack. You lack the Spirit of the season within you, and are now on a path that leads to destruction! And thus, I have come to correct your path!"

"P-path of destruction!?"

"Yes," The Spirit said, "You are doomed Bakugo! DOOMED! If you do not turn from the path you are on, you will be bound in chains for all eternity!"

"Chains? What about the chains!?"

"These are the chains I forged in life!" The spirit boomed, "You wear such a chain yourself! And if you do not change your course, you will be doomed to my fate for all time!"

"Tell me, how can I avoid this fate?!" Bakugo ordered, "How can I avoid this course you say I am following?"

"You will be visited by three spirits tonight- glrk!" One of the chains wrapped around his neck, dragging him backwards into a nearby closet, "Without these visits you cannot hope to avoid the path I took!"

"Hauntings? I've had  enough of that!"

"Expect the first ghost when the bell tolls one!"

"Can't I just meet them all at once and get it over with?!"

"Expect the first ghost when the bell tolls one!" He was dragged into the closet and the doors slammed shut, "When the bell tolls one!"