Chapter 5: The Ghost of Christmas Future

*Third Person POV*

The fog that rolled over the graveyard was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Bakugo could barely see a few feet around him, if even that in some areas.

As he began to stumble through the fog for any sign of the foretold spirit, he ran into something solid. He was stopped in his tracks, looking at what he had run into. It was a large mass of black cloaks, with a hood that covered a head that looked like All For One.

"A-are you the spirit of Christmas yet to come?"

The Spirit said nothing, merely nodding slightly. 

"I promise spirit," Bakugo said, "I am ready to follow and to learn, whatever lessen you have to teach."

The spirit put a long arm around his shoulder, leading him forward. Bakugo felt a shiver run down his spine, as the world distorted around them and reformed, now back in the courtyard of U.A.

It was no longer the bright sunny day it had been on Christmas. It was almost completely silent, expect for the pouring rain.

"Why are we here?" Bakugo asked.

The spirit pointed at one of the entrances of the school, where Bakugo could see some of his classmates had gathered. He couldn't see what they were doing, but they seemed to be stuck in a somber silence.

Bakugo walked closer to the group, seeing Izuku at the head. As he got closer, he could began to hear the conversation.

"So he did it? For real?" Izuku asked, looking down into a puddle.

"After what happened to his sister..." Iida said, looking equally downtrodden, "I suspect he couldn't find much reason to keep going."

"So that's it?" Ochaco asked, "We just let him leave like that?"

"You saw him," Izuku sighed, "He's crushed. Not much we could say to him, even if he was still around."

The trio walked off, leaving Bakugo to watch them. Each rain drop seemed to echo in his mind, as it didn't seem quite real to him.

"Tell me spirit," Bakugo said, going back to the robed figure, "The poor soul they speak off... it's Y/n, isn't it?"

The spirit didn't respond, merely putting his arm around Bakugo one more. The world dissolved away, dripping and oozing away. When it finally reformed, Bakugo and the spirit were staring at the inside of a cramped, dirty apartment. The walls were a dark grey and the apartment was sparsely decorated, with only a chair and a desk over by the window.

"Who lives here?" Bakugo asked aloud.

The door slammed open, as if in response to Bakugo's question. The door was slammed shut as the occupant of the apartment entered, dropping his bag at the door and walking to the desk.

"Y/n," Bakugo gasped, "But... he looks dirty, tired, sad. What happened to him? He was nothing like this in school."

Y/n slammed his head down on the desk, not bothering to look up. His eyes went to the side and found the picture propped on his desk, the familiar form of Tiny Tina staring back at him with a wide smile.

Y/n immediately broke out sobbing, his tears soaking into the desk and his back hiccupping in sobs.

"Tina... I'm sorry, Tina... I couldn't help you."

"Spirit, don't tell me," Bakugo said, grabbing the spirit's cloak, "Don't tell me that's what happened. Please, take me to a place of cheer. Take me to the L/n house!"