Chapter 7: Christmas Morning

*Third Person POV*

Y/n awoke before any of his classmates that morning, despite the holiday. He smiled at the rising sun through his window, humming a little tune.

"Merry Christmas to all," He whispered, walking into the hall, "Hope you got what you wanted."

Y/n quietly made his way down the hall, slipping his jacket and scarf over the light blue uniform he wore for work. His slipped a fur beanie over his head, making sure that it came down to cover his ears.

"Off to work I go..." He said with a grumble.

Y/n would've loved to celebrate the Christmas spirit with his friends, but his boss had told him that he'd have to work the day. That's why he was getting on a bus at 5 o'clock in the morning, to head to his store a mile and a half away.

Y/n hated his job. It paid poorly, worked him hard, barely ever gave days off, and his boss was an asshole.

Even so, Y/n couldn't afford to lose the job.

"She hasn't got much longer," Y/n mumbled to himself, "You have to save her."

That was how Y/n got through his shifts, reminding himself of the mantra. His little sister was the only thing in his mind, the main focus of his life.

Later that day, at nearly 8 o'clock in the morning, Y/n was stacking cans on a shelf. He wasn't even paying attention to what he was placing where, he knew his boss wasn't going to check his work.

It was almost an hour later when Y/n heard stomping coming near him. He assumed it was an angry Christmas shopper, and let out a sigh.

"Can I help you with some-"

Y/n cut himself off when he saw Bakugo walking towards him. Bakugo was wearing a snow coat and hat, and his hands looked like had just shot off some explosions.

"Bakugo?!" Y/n asked in surprise, "What're you doing here?!"

"I'm here to get you," Bakugo barked, "Come on, you have the day off."

"No I don't," Y/n replied, "I have to work."

"Not anymore," Bakugo said, "Go grab your stuff, I'll meet you by the front."

Y/n was confused, but did as Bakugo said. As he walked into the employee locker room, he passed by his boss, who's hair was frayed and his clothes seemed to have been blown off by small explosions.

"Ah, Y-Y/n!" He said, surprised, "Listen, I was thinking maybe it'd be best for you to take the week off, all paid. A-and when you get back, I'll put in for you to get a raise!"

"Really?" Y/n said skeptically.

"A-absolutely!" The boss said, looking back and forth as if afraid, "And don't worry, I won't ever be overworking you ever again!"

"Alright," Y/n said, "Thanks..."

"Sure thing! Now come on, don't you have Christmas to celebrate!"

Y/n grabbed his coat and scarf and hat, putting them on as he caught up with Bakugo. Bakugo turned and wordlessly walked out the door, holding it open for Y/n to go through.

"Why would you do this for me?" Y/n asked, "I thought you didn't like Christmas?"

"Well..." Bakugo said, looking out to the parking lot, "I had a lot of time to think last night."

Y/n followed Bakugo's line of sight, as his eyes went wide seeing what was waiting for him.