Chapter 6: Tiny Tina

*Third Person POV*

Bakugo and the spirit left the crying Y/n behind in his cold apartment, as the world began to melt away again. When it reappeared this time, they were on a cold, rainy street on the other side of the city.

The street was somehow more dirty than it had been when Bakugo last saw it. The potholes had grown, and the pavement was lined with litter.

The spirit stayed on the side of the road, as Bakugo quickly walked over to the L/n house. The whole house seemed to sag under the weight of the years, and the colors had been washed out by rain and age.

Bakugo leaned forward into the window, looking through to the kitchen. The room was dimly lit, and nothing was being baked or cooked.

Serene L/n sat at the dining room table, typing away at a laptop. There wasn't a smile to be seen, and she let out a sigh as she leaned her head on her hand.

Y/n's mother walked into the room, sighing as she took a seat across from her daughter. The two only exchange a look, before turning their attentions away from each other.

"Do you know when you're father will be home?" Y/n's mother asked.

"Um... no," Serene responded, "His walking has been... slower, these past few days."

"What happened here?" Bakugo asked, fear growing in his stomach as he tried not to recognize the problem, "This was a place of love and happiness. Now..."

Bakugo heard steps coming close to him, but with heavy pounding. There was none of the rhythm Bakugo had heard before, and his head echoed with the lack of music.

Y/n's father was coming home, the same way he had walked when Bakugo saw him before. However his walk was slower, his footsteps heavier.

Y/n's father walked into the house, dropping his coat by the door and going to the kitchen. He took a seat, hiding his face in his hands.

"Welcome home, dear," Y/n's mother said wearily, "How...how is she?"

"I...I chose a nice spot," Y/n's father replied, not looking up from the table, "It's up on the hill, so you can look down and see the ducks playing on the river. Tina..."

"Tina.... Tina always loved the ducks." Serene finished.

"No..." Bakugo said, his eyes flickering to the empty seat and crutch by the fire place, "Spirit, how can it be so? How can the world be so cruel? Tiny Tina? What did she ever do to anyone!?"

The spirit did not respond to Bakugo, merely wrapping an arm around him. The world dissolved and reappeared, back in the empty graveyard they had met in. Bakugo stepped back away from the spirit, looking into the empty face.

"Why have we come back here spirit?"

The spirit pointed, towards a gravestone covered in snow.

"Tell me," Bakugo demanded, "Are these events set in stone!? Or can they be undone by my actions?!"

The spirit continued to point.

"I will change this!" Bakugo called, beginning to stagger towards the gravestone, "I will make things right! Do you hear me bastard!?"

The spirit did not respond.

"Everything is fluid!" Bakugo shouted, now far away from the spirit, "I can make things right!"

At this point, Bakugo was at the gravestone. He bent down onto his knees, and moved his hand towards the cold granite.

He began to wipe the snow from the cold stone, removing enough to see the end of the name.

"TINY TINA L/N

AGE: 8 YEARS

'Life is a never ending cycle of hellos and goodbyes'"

"No..." Bakugo moaned, "No...no no no no...."

Bakugo fell forward, waiting for the cold feeling of stone on his forehead. Instead, he dropped his head into the soft embrace of his pillow. Looking up, he could see the beginning of a sunrise through his window.

"It's...Christmas."