Chapter 2: The Ghost of Christmas Past

*Third Person POV*

Bakugo's resting was fitful. He could only barely stand to fall asleep after the strange apparition that had appeared gave him the ominous warning. He had managed to trick himself into sleeping by ensuring that it was all a dream or hallucination from staying up too late.

However his computer monitor was left on, revealing the clock that continued to tick on.

12:40 AM...

12:50 AM...

12:55 AM...

12:56 AM...

12:57 AM...

12:58 AM...

12:59 AM...

"EXPECT THE FIRST GHOST WHEN THE BELL TOLLS ONE!"

When the clock struck one, a massive gong erupted from his laptop. It was like an old grandfather clock was striking the time, announcing it loudly throughout the room.

Bakugo was launched out his bed, propelled by his fear. His muscles were tensed and his eyes were wide, as he scanned every corner of the room.

"No ghosts here," He said, "No ghosts! Absolutely none!"

Bakugo's hair stood straight up, as he moved his head like a swivel. When he was seconds away from going back to sleep, something caught his attention.

"W-what are you doing in here Deku!?"

Izuku, or what looked like Izuku, was sitting beside the open window. He was wearing a pure white robe, and seemed to be emitting light.

"Ah, you're finally awake," He said, "Come on, we don't have much time to waste!"

"What are you talking about, loser?!" Bakugo screamed, "Is this some stupid trick you and Y/n put together?"

"We only wish to save you from the poor path you have chosen to take," The Izuku-look alike said, "And for that purpose, I am the Ghost of Christmas Past. I have come to show you your past to see what has set you in the direction you are currently on."

"N-no, impossible!" Bakugo stuttered, standing up out of bed, "Ghosts aren't real."

"Of course we're not," The Ghost of Christmas Past responded, "Now, you may want to grab my hand."

The ghost threw the window wide open, peaking out and looking back and forth.

"W-what? We can't jump, I'm mortal, I will die!"

"Not if you hold my hand." The Ghost held out his hand.

"Not on your best day."

"Alright, let's go!"

The Ghost of Christmas Past grabbed onto his hand and yanked him out the window, flying into open air. It was freezing, especially for Bakugo who was wearing nothing but pajamas.

"W-where are we flying?!"

"Don't worry, you'll see very soon!"

Bakugo just clung onto the ghost's hand for dear life, as they flew into what appeared to be a rapidly rising sun.

When Bakugo finally opened his clenched eyes, he was landed on a snow covered street. The Ghost of Christmas Past was floating about a foot off the ground, as Bakugo looked back and forth.

"W-where are we?" He said, "Wait... this looks familiar."

"It should," The ghost quipped, "This is your past."