Chapter 3: The Ghost of Christmas Present Part 1

*Third Person POV*

Bakugo could not bring himself to go back to sleep, as the words of Y/n's spirit echoed through his mind. Three ghosts? How would he survive? And what would the other ghosts have to show him?

As if in response, a grandfather clock's banging rang through the room. The noise shook Bakugo's room with a fiery passion, shaking the door. It was replaced with booming laughter, right outside the door.

"Here goes nothing..." Bakugo groaned, moving towards the door.

He grabbed the door knob and pushed it open, squinting his eyes against the harsh golden light. When he had finally adapted to the light, he walked into a hallway that had not been there before. It was clean and wooden, decorated with Christmas everywhere. There was a glowing fireplace, covering the hallway in it's flickering glow.

"Come in, and know me better man!"

Bakugo's attention was shot over to the end of the hallway, where a large man who looked like Fat Gum was sitting. He was holding a cup in his hand, and it disappeared as he swept his hand through the air.

"I am the Ghost of Christmas Present!" He laughed, "Come in, and know me better man!"

"You said that already."

"I did?" The Ghost asked, "I am the Ghost of Christmas Present!"

"You're a little stupid, spirit, aren't you?"

"I'm a large stupid spirit!" The Ghost laughed, shrinking down to slightly larger than Bakugo, "This is the night before the dawn before the day of Christmas! Did I tell you I'm the Ghost of Christmas Present?"

"Yes you did- Tell me spirit, what have you come to show me?"

"Ah yes," The Ghost said, putting an arm around Bakugo, "Come, we haven't much time."

They walked through the wall, appearing in the courtyard, as the sun began to rise rapidly. Before Bakugo could even realize what happened, it was day, and people were wandering the snowy courtyard.

"Welcome to Christmas!" The ghost said, waving his arm through the air.

Bakugo saw through the crowd, seeing his classmates running around, throwing snow and exchanging gifts. Everyone seemed happy, even Todoroki seemed to be getting into the spirit of the season.

It didn't take long for carols to began being sung, everyone's voices rising together.

"So, this is what it's like," Bakugo said, looking around the crowd with softened features, "Everyone seems so... happy."

"Yes," The Ghost said, patting his belly, "The students of U.A. are always so cheerful around this time of year, or so my brothers tell me."

"But, there's someone missing," Bakugo said, searching the crowd, "Y/n. That jolly idiot wouldn't miss something like this. Christmas must be his favorite holiday, why wouldn't he be celebrating?"

"Ah, come, I'll show you."

The spirit wrapped a kind arm around Bakugo's shoulder once again, turning him around. Now, they were in a grocery store, devoid of customers and most of it's stock.

"Why are we here?" Bakugo asked, "Is Y/n here?"

"Go see for yourself."

Bakugo walked around one of the shelves, coming into an aisle of canned goods. Y/n was there, wearing a uniform and taking things off of a cart to put them on the shelf.

"Damn bastard," He was muttering, "Making me work on Christmas. If I didn't need this job..."

"What?" Bakugo said, "Working on Christmas? Why does he need a job?"

"Young Y/n is a hard worker," The Ghost of Christmas Present said, "But not without reason."

Bakugo leaned in to listen to Y/n again, hearing him say, "But it'll all be worth it. You've almost got enough for the surgery, just think of her face."

"Her? Surgery?" Bakugo turned back to the spirit, "Spirit, what is he talking about? What does it mean?"

"Come, there is much we must see before our time is up."