Chapter 4: The Ghost Of Christ Present Part 2

*Third Person POV*

When Bakugo and the Spirit of Christmas Present turned around once more, they were in front of a small, cramped house on a dirty street. The street hadn't seen a repaving in years, and potholes sprouted out of the asphalt.

"Where are we?" Bakugo asked, "This has got to be the bad part of town..."

"In your mind, it probably is," The Ghost said, pointing to a buzzer, "Go ahead and read the name."

Bakugo walked up to the buzzer, reading the label on the side.

"L/n," He read, "This is Y/n's house?"

"Yes," The ghost replied, leaning into the window, "And it's Christmas here as well."

Bakugo looked through the window, seeing a pair of women bouncing around the kitchen, getting food ready.

"Serene!" The older woman barked, "Don't stir so fast, you'll spill everywhere."

"Relax Mom," The second women, younger than the other but at least in her 20's, replied, "I know how to bake!"

"Yeah right!"

Bakugo and The Ghost leaned back away from the window, hearing someone coming towards them. It was an older man and a really young girl, less than a tween. She was walking on a crutch, leaning heavily against it to keep herself balanced. Despite this, she was singing gaily and dancing along with her father.

As they arrived at the door, the father picked up the young girl, and walked through the front door. Bakugo and the Ghost watched through the window again, as the father and his daughter were greeted by their mother and older sister.

"Big sister!"

"Tiny Tina!"

Serene picked up her little sister and spun her around a bit, carrying her into the kitchen. Y/n's mother and father exchanged an embrace, as his mother began to speak.

"How was she?"

"Good as gold and better," Y/n's father replied, "She sung so loudly, you could hear her above everyone else at the church."

"That's great..." Y/n's mother said, in a bittersweet tone.

"Don't worry dear," He said, gripping her hand tightly, "We will have that surgery. I'm sure of it."

"I really do hope you're right."

"Hey you two!" Serene called, "Dinner's ready!"

The four went to the kitchen, taking their seats around an old wooden table. Bakugo could see the dirtiness of the house, every corner seemed to be an inspector's nightmare.

A small turkey was placed on the table, as well as a bowl of mashed potatoes. Tiny Tina looked around at the table, before asking, "Shouldn't we wait for Y/n?"

"Oh dear," Y/n's mother said, giving her daughter a sad look, "Y/n won't be able to make it home this year..."

"What?" Tiny Tina asked, "No Big brother?"

"I'm afraid not dear," Y/n's father replied, "But he'll always be here with us, in our hearts and minds. And so, we are never far apart."

"Now come on," Serene urged, "Let's say grace and get eating."

They all held hands and said a prayer, and as their thanking came to an end, Tiny Tina spoke up.

"God bless us-" She was interrupted by a violent coughing fit, "God...God bless us one and all."

"Such a meager feast." Bakugo said, as the L/n's began their dinner.

"But all the more appreciated," The ghost said, turning away, "The Christmas spirit has always been alive in homes like this."

"I must ask," Bakugo said, staring at the youngest member of the family, "Tell me... what... what will happen to Tiny Tina?"

"That is the realm of the future, out of my gaze," The ghost said, wrapping an arm around Bakugo's shoulder, "But if these shadows remain un-altered, I see broken hearts around that table, and a crutch with no owner."

The ghost turned him away from the house, and they were in front of a dirt path to an old church.

"My time grows faint," The spirit said, his hair turning white and taking a seat on a stone bench, "Now is the time for the future."

"Please don't go Spirit," Bakugo said, "There is so much you've taught me, but I need to know more."

"And he will teach you," The spirit responded with a bellowing laugh, "Now go on, and know him better man!"

The spirit disappeared, and Bakugo was left alone, as a rolling fog consumed the world.