The Third Heavenly Power

^^ More of my art, for no real reasonnnnnn

Varian stood there, shocked.

Just, shocked. 

He was trying to process what he had just heard, but honestly, he couldn't seem to. 

His mom had died for him? She sacrificed her life? And what was this about the Stardrop? Did this all mean they had really found it, and if they did, did that mean that his dad had used it to save him? Just what did it all mean?

If they really found it...a-and my mom died for i-it, does that mean it's my fault?  Varian thought. He couldn't seem to get the idea out of his head, that his mom's death was ultimately his fault. She had died  for him.  How is one supposed to not believe it's their fault?

Rapunzel seemed to notice Varian's silent despair as she once again began comforting the young alchemist. She hugged him close, petting his hair and soothing him. 

Rapunzel also was wondering what this whole ordeal meant. The "Stardrop?" And Varian being sick? Most of this aligned with what Varian had told her and showed her from the journal, but the part about his mom...she knew that the young alchemist was struggling. Especially after almost losing his dad to the amber, which he had created. He must be beating himself up about this! I gotta make sure he knows it isn't his fault! 

"Varian..." Rapunzel whispered to his ear, still hugging the 16 year old. "Please, don't think it's your fault...you couldn't help getting sick! You were a baby!" 

Varian sniffled, looking up at the princess, missing the long blonde hair which she used to have. 

"I...I know Rapunzel...it's just, first I almost kill my dad with my own stupidity, and now I learn that my m-mom sacrificed herself...to save m-me." Varian responded, sniffling throughout his sentence as he struggled to clearly state his thoughts. He couldn't hold back his free-flowing tears, and buried his face in Rapunzel's shoulder, crying. 

They stayed like that for a moment, silence all around. 

...

"Varian." 

Varian looked up, noticing that his dad had called his name. He was standing there by Eugene, sadness and remorse filling his eyes as he looked at his son. Varian wiped his tears, slowly releasing from Rapunzel's grasp, and walked over to his father. Noticing, Eugene moved away towards Max and the other animals. 

"Dad." Varian said softly, his voice shuddering from his stifled sobs. He looked up at his father, then ran towards, jumping into his arms, which Quirin were holding out. 

"I'm sorry, Varian. I should've told you. You deserved to know the truth. I-" Quirin said, his voice also emotional, but was cut off by his son. 

"Don't worry dad, I understand why you didn't tell me. I'm just glad you did now." 

Another moment of silence, the air heavy, yet light at the same time. Father and son hugged and made up, and time stood still. 

...

...

Finally, Varian spoke up. "D-dad, what does this mean though? This Stardrop legend? T-this sacrifice?" 

Quirin paused at this question, looking down at his son. 

"It means that you technically have the powers of the Stardrop." Was all Quirin said. 

I have its powers? L-like Rapunzel had the powers of the Sundrop? And C-Cassie had the powers of the Moonstone when she merged with it? 

Varian stood there, once again in shock, staring at his dad. 

"What do you mean he's got the powers of the Stardrop?!" Eugene asked, in a sorta angered tone. 

"I mean just that. Just as Cassandra had the powers of the Moonstone when she merged with it, Varian has the powers of the Stardrop when we used its power to heal him. Ultimately, merging him with the heavenly power as well." Quirin responded, his voice sturdy yet unstable at the same time. 

"So, he's like Rapunzel and Cassandra were?" Eugene asked, still confused. This didn't make any sense! If this kid had the same type of power runnin' through his body, then why didn't anyone know about it! Why didn't the kid know about it! You'd think that'd be something someone would realize! I'm so confused!  He thought to himself. 

Quirin looked like he was about to respond again, but Rapunzel interrupted. 

"Eugene, I think this is different from my situation. My mother was healed by the Sundrop, which in turn led me to being born as the Sundrop. I guess he's more like Cass, except he didn't choose to gain the power." Rapunzel attempted to explain. 

"That doesn't answer the question of why he didn't know he had this power! Of why no-one knew he had this power! When Cass gained the Moonstone powers her freaking hair went blue! Your hair would glow! Varian's just...Varian!" Eugene snapped, although he wasn't angry, he was confused. 

"Well, I sealed the powers." Quirin stated. 

Everyone turned to face him. 

"You sealed them?" Rapunzel asked. "How?" 

Quirin explained how when Varian was sick and they healed him, his power was too much. He couldn't handle it, and was out of control. So, he spoke with his "sister", Adira, about it. She helped him create a device to store the power, until Varian was strong enough to gain control. However, Quirin hoped that it would hold the power forever, not wanting his son to have to struggle with the burden. The device was then merged with the Stardrop inside Varian's... 'soul.' 

(continuation but in dialogue.) 

"However, the device wasn't strong enough to contain the full amount of the Stardrop's power, and two things happened. One, the power erupted out of control and altered Varian's body, creating that blue streak in his hair, and two, a shard of the Stardrop came off and shot into the sky. I don't know what happened to it. All I know is that afterwards, the device was able to contain the power, and it fully merged with Varian's 'soul'." Quirin explained. 

Everyone stood there, shocked, surprised, and confused. Even the animals. Ruddiger hopped on Varian's shoulder, trying to be supportive towards his boy, but Varian mostly ignored him. Pascal curled up on Rapunzel's shoulder, blending with her bright purple dress, and Max stood by Eugene, watching the scene intently, as well as keeping guard. 

Varian was also shocked, surprised, and confused, but also scared. He had this power? It merged with him? Like Cassie? and Rapunzel? What does this even mean...I'm a magical being? But, magic isn't my thing! Science is! 

He was so lost in thought that he didn't even realize everyone staring at him. 

This kid...Varian I mean...He really is the Stardrop! What do we do now?  Eugene thought. 

Varian...this power...you're like me!  Well, kinda. I mean, I don't really have my hair anymore or the Sundrop's powers, but still! If I can help you with this, I will!  Rapunzel thought to herself, excited now. 

Varian...my son...my only son...I'm so sorry I didn't tell you. I'm so sorry that you have to carry this burden...I hope, you can forgive me.  Quirin thought to himself. 

Snapping out of it, Varian noticed everyone's gazes. He understood them though. They must be confused, or scared, or worried, or-- 

NO! Varian wouldn't let himself think this way. He WOULD be able to handle this power. He WOULD keep it under control, he just had to know more about it, that's all. He'd start with the scroll. He'd fully translate it. Then, he would research every known legend or mystery that could be related. He would understand this power, and he would control it. But first, he would test it...

He took a step towards the central hole where the cursed tree used to be, his heart beating uncontrollably. Everyone's gazes followed him. 

"What are you doi-" Rapunzel started, but she stopped when she saw Varian stand up on the edge of the pit. His hair, glowing. His eyes, bright and piercing. His persona, magical. 

He WOULD control this newfound power, no matter how long it took. Varian peered down the pit, noticing his own glowing hair now, though it didn't seem to surprise him much. 

I will control it.  He thought. 

Varian took a deep breath in...

"I WILL CONTROL IT!" 

Then, he closed his eyes, and began to step into the pit. 

(A/N) HeLlO gUyS! 

Thanks for reading! Also thanks for supporting me! I'm enjoying this story! I'm gonna start posting different works of mine on chapters, since I can actually do digital art now! (I got the stuff for my bday the other day~)

As always, if you enjoyed it, please consider voting! If you have any constructive criticism, feel free to comment!

Also, if you have any thoughts on where this story should go, please let me know! I have 2 major ideas, but I'd love other ideas as well!

Thanks~