In the Beginning

MOTEL ROOM 

Dean and Ellie are asleep on beds, Sam pauses and looks at them before leaving the room. As soon as Ellie hears the door close she opens her eyes, she walks to the window to see Sam getting in a car. Dean then starts to wake up causing Ellie to turn and they see Castiel sitting on his bed, she walks back over and sits at the table. 
"Hello, Dean. What were you dreaming about?" Castiel asks him, this causes Ellie to chuckle slightly. 
"What, do you get your freak on by watching other people sleep? What do you want?" Dean questions groggily, sitting up. 
"Listen to me. You both have to stop it." Castiel states, Ellie stands up and sits next to Dean. 
"Stop what?" She asks. The angel doesn't answer but instead puts two fingers to Dean's forehead.

STREET - DAY

Dean and Ellie are asleep on a bench when a police officer comes up to them. 
"Move it guys - you can't sleep here." He says. They slowly awake and rub their eyes. 
"Okay... sleep... where?" Dean asks.
"Anywhere but here." Ellie whips out her cell and tries to make a call but there is no signal. 
"Perfect." She mutters to Dean, they then get up and enter the diner. They sit at the counter next to a young man. 
"Hey, where the hell are we?" Dean asks him. 
"Jay Bird's Diner." He replies. 
"Yeah, thanks. He means, uh... city and state." Ellie explains further. 
"Lawrence, Kansas." 
"Lawrence." Dean repeats to his sister who shrugs. 
"Hey, you two okay?" The young man asks. 
"Yeah, just a tough night." Ellie answers.
"Hey, uh, two coffees here, Reg." He calls out. Dean pulls out his cell phone from his pocket. 
"Can you tell me where I can get reception on this thing?" Dean asks. The man looks at the phone with confusion and then back at the two Winchesters. 
"The USS Enterprise?" He jokes, Ellie looks at Reg as he brings the coffee over, her eyes widen and she nudges Dean who looks over to see the waiter in 1970s hippie gear. 
"Thanks... nice threads. You know Sonny and Cher broke up, right?" Ellie tells Reg making Dean chuckle slightly. 
"Sonny and Cher broke up?" The young man asks in disbelief. Dean and Ellie look at each other in confusion, they look around the diner and notices everyone is dressed in 1970s era clothes. Dean looks at the newspaper and nudges his sister to look to. They see the date in Monday, April 30, 1973. Dean turns to his sister and mouths the words '73' to her. A man then enters the diner. 
"Hey, Winchester." The man calls out, Dean, Ellie and the young man look around. The man shakes the hand of the young man. "Son of a bitch. How you doing, Corporal?" 
"Hey, Mr. D." 
"I heard you were back." Mr. D. says. 
"Yeah, a little while now." The Winchester explains, Dean and Ellie look at each other. 
"Good to have you home, John, damn good." 
"Dad?" They say in unison with shocked looks on their faces, they turn back to the man next to them. 
"Well, say hello to your old man for me." Mr. D says. 
"You got it, Mr. D." He smiles back before noticing Dean and Ellie staring at him. "Do we know each other?" 
"I guess not." Ellie breathes out as he gets up to leave. 
"Take it easy, you two." John says as he leaves the diner leaving the two Winchesters there in shock. They wait a second and then start to follow John. As they turn the corner, Ellie bumps into Castiel which causes her to stumble and for the angel to catch her. They stare at each other for a second before the youngest Winchester pulls away and straightens up. 
"What is this?" Dean asks causing the angel to stop looking at Ellie. 
"What does it look like?" Castiel fires back. 
"Is it real?" Ellie questions. 
"Very." Castiel nods. 
"Okay, so what? Angels got their hands on some DeLoreans? How did we get here?" Dean asks. 
"Time is fluid. It's not easy, but we can bend it on occasion." The angel explains. 
"Well bend it back or tell me what the hell we're doing here!" Dean snaps causing Ellie to sigh. 
"I told you, you two have to stop it."
"Stop what? What, is there something nasty after our Dad?" Ellie asks when a car horn sounds which causes the brother and sister to look at it, when they turn back, Castiel is gone. 
"Oh come on! What, are you allergic to straight answers, you son of a bitch!?" Dean shouts out, he looks towards his little sister who shrugs her shoulders while sighing.