Criss Angel is a Douchebag

The three Winchesters, who are wearing  are walking through the streets of Sioux City after hearing about a magician that ended up dead with spikes all in his body. Ellie looks around the streets looking at all the people walking and laughing, she can't help but feel a twinge of jealousy at how normal everyone is and how their thoughts aren't plagued with blood. Ellie is pulled out of her mind when her brothers stop and start watching a magician. "This, this isn't a trick, okay? I, I, I don't do tricks. This is a demonstration about demons and angels, love and lust." The magician explains. 
"What a douchebag." Ellie mutters, watching the magician which causes Dean to smile at his sister. 
"That's Jeb Dexter." Sam tells her, Dean and Ellie both look at their brother with raised eyebrows. 
"I don't even want to know how you know that." Dean says. 
"He's famous, kind of." Sam explains. 
"For what? Douchebaggery?" Ellie hits back causing Dean to smirk again. 
"But whatever happens, no matter how messed up it gets, don't touch me, okay? For your own safety." Jeb tells the girl he is performing the card trick on.  He inhales and exhales, shaking his head, then imitates something like a seizure. With one hand he grabs for the cards in his other hand and scatters them, flinging them in the direction of the window behind him. "Go back to hell, demon!" He shouts as the card that sticks to the window is the ace of diamonds. Jeb drags his hand over the card to show that it is on the far side of the glass. "Is this your card?" He asks her and the girl with the crowd all look impressed.
"You've got to be kidding me. A fake demon possession?" Dean asks them as he heads away and his siblings follow. 
"I can't believe people actually fall for that crap." Ellie mutters shaking her head.
"It's not all crap." Sam tells them. 
"What part of that was not a steaming pile of BS?" Dean asks him. 
"It takes skill." He answers, Ellie looks at Dean with a small smile.
"Oh, right, right, I forgot. You were actually into this stuff, weren't you?" She asks the middle Winchester with a smile.
"I mean, you had, you had, like a deck of cards and a wand." Dean adds causing Ellie to laugh. 
"Guys, I was thirteen. It was a phase." Sam snaps back.
"Just - it bugs me. You know, playing at demons and, and magic, when the real thing will kill you bloody." Dean explains. 
"Like a guy who drops dead of ten stab wounds without a single tear in his shirt?" Sam states. 
"That's what I'm talking about." The oldest Winchester says and nods.

VICTIM'S HOTEL ROOM

The victims assistant tosses a bunch of metal rings into a mostly-packed trunk and she then faces the three Winchesters.
"So did your boss have any enemies that you know of?" Dean asks her. 
"Vance had plenty of enemies." She states as she leans down and grabs the end of a series of tied-together handkerchiefs. 
"How so?" Ellie follows up. 
"He would steal from other magicians. All the time." She explains.
"What would he steal?" Sam asks. 
"Stage, effects, close up techniques, anything he could get his hands on." 
"Is that enough to get him killed?"  Dean questions. 
"These guys take this stuff pretty seriously." She says and moves a cloth off a white rabbit. "There you are." She bends down to pick up and pet the rabbit. 
"Did you find anything weird in Vance's stuff? Well, weirder?" Ellie asks as she glances around the room. 
"Matter of fact, I did." She puts the bunny in a bag and pulls out a Rider-Waite tarot card: the Ten of Swords. The image of the card is of ten swords sticking out of a man's back.
"I'm guessing this didn't belong to Vance." Sam mutters. 
"He hated card tricks. Never wanted them around. Let alone in his precious cape." She hands over the card to him. Sam looks at both sides of it: it looks like a perfectly ordinary tarot card.

STREET

Dean and Ellie are walking down the street to the theater to investigate the tarot card while Sam is back in the motel room doing research. As the brother and sister continue to walk down the street as Dean keeps glancing at her, Ellie notices this and looks at him. "Dude, what's your deal?" Dean quickly shrugs at this questions as they carry on walking, he keeps looking forward. 
"I just wanted to ask how you're holding up, you know? Not getting any urges to... er.... you know..." Dean trails off and continues to look at the word as his little sister scoffs and his mutterings.
"To kill? No, Dean. Relax, I am not gonna go all Dahmer on your asses." 
"I'm just checking you know? I just want to make sure you're fine, you know you can talk to me."  Dean says, Ellie stops at this. 
"Don't you think that's a bit rich, Dean? You have been a firework just waiting to explode ever since me and Cas got you out of the pit. Look, I appreciate your concern, I do. But what I do not appreciate is you and Sam walking on eggshells around me, looking at me like I am fragile." Ellie doesn't give time for her brother to reply and enters the theater. Dean looks up to the sky and sighs before entering after his sister. There is a sign up that reads 'The Incredible Jay' over the Table of Death. Jeb Dexter is on the phone nearby.
"It's a lame gig. I'm in a fleabag hotel doing this man-of-the-people crap, and freaking Angel's in Vegas doing Cirque du Soleil! That should have been mine!" He snaps down the phone and sits down at a table adjacent to two old men, Charlie and Vernon, the two Winchesters sit down with them. 
"You Vernon Haskell?" Dean asks. 
"Who's asking?" 
"Federal agents, Ulrich and Stynes." Ellie says as they show them their FBI IDs. "We're looking into the death of Patrick Vance." Before they can answer, they are distracted by Jeb talking into a camera and sitting across from Jay. 
"I'm Jeb Dexter. This is Devil Twist. We're chilling at the International Magicians' Convention, which is a dope chance to tip my hats to the wicked cats who came before me. Smoking hot effect last night, Jim."
"Jay." 
"Huh?"
"My name is Jay." 
"Yeah, whatever. We can loop it later." 
"What a douchebag." Vernon mumbles. 
"Couldn't agree more." Dean says as Ellie nods along, he then pulls out the Ten of Swords. "This familiar to you?" 
"Should it be?" Vernon asks. 
"Well, we heard that you used tarot cards in your act." Ellie explains.
"My act?" He holds up a shaking hand and laughs. "That was a long time ago. I haven't touched a deck in years, you know..." 
"Do you know someone that might use them now?" Dean asks. 
"Well, there was a guy down on Bleeker Street." Vernon says. 
"Oh, yeah. He, he peddles that kind of speciality stuff." Charlie adds on, Ellie looks at them in suspicion. 
"Matter of fact, Vance crossed him about a year ago. Probably cost him fifty grand in royalties." Vernon answers. 
"You know the exact address?" Ellie asks. 
"Four twenty-six Bleeker." Vernon tells them. "But you better stay away little lady, he won't talk to girls." Ellie scoff but nods. 
"Ask for Chief." Charlie states. 
"Chief. Thank you."