Moving in

Adora's POV

"Adora don't forget your bag!"

I heard my grandma, Razz from my house as I was loading my car. "Razz I wasn't gonna forget, I was JUST about to get it." I responded in a half joking manner, in all actuality, I was going to forget the bag.

"Mhm, sure, now drive safe okay? I know it's only 2 hours but I don't want you rushing like you usually do!" She exclaimed.

"I Know I know, I will be super extra safe, I promise. I'm going to miss seeing you every morning." I yelled back.

I'm gonna miss her. I'm obviously gonna visit her, she was my favorite person other than my bestfriends Glimmer and Bow.

"Yeah, yeah, now get on the road so you can get there before your roommate! You're going to want to unpack fast so you can explore, now go!" She said as if it wasn't a big deal, but I knew she was proud of me.

It's not everyday your grandchild, who you practically raised, gets into an amazing law program (not to gloat or anything.) It may be because of my football scholarship, but it's still an accomplishment.

College is gonna be a huge change, finally a fresh start away from all the drama. It's gonna be good for me. Junior year was insane, my best friend of eleven years, catra, and I had a falling out due to our competitive nature. It drove us apart, and dealing with that for the past two years was the reason why I'm so excited for this change.

Glimmer and I had the grand idea of driving over together, y'know to get the full college experience.

I drove over to her house, taking the usual route I took whenever I'd drive her to school, but this time, we wouldn't be coming back home for a long time.

Once I arrived at Glimmer's house, I saw her skip out, happy as can be, usual Glimmer. "HEYYY ADORA!!" She called out while jumping on me. My hands were in my pockets, and my white turtle neck wasn't doing me any favors for the cold.

"I'm loving the excitement but we should really get going, I wanna get there before my roommate." I laughed. Unfortunately, Glimmer and I had missed the deadline for requesting to be each other's roommate, maybe next year.

"Okay, let me just load my things and we can get going!" She said with her voice completely filled with excitement. Once she had the Jeep loaded, we headed off in a comfortable silence.

"I saw Catra packing her car while I was packing mine, I'm going to have to admit that I'm going to miss the rivalry between us." I laughed a bit before Glimmer turned to me with a stern expression on her face. "Adora,you have to get over what happened, this is a fresh start!"

"Glimmer, it's just hard because I had such a bond with her, but you're right..." I gave in.

"I know I am!" She said smugly. "Now give me the AUX cord, I wanna play something."

I groaned, Glimmer always played Pop while we drove together, I didn't necessarily mind it, but I loved seeing her get mad when I said I didn't like a particular song.

"I know you like it Adora! You're just a meanie and don't want to admit it." She put on a song. I've listened to this while working out, I kinda stole it from her playlist.

"You aren't going to make me like it no matter how many times you play it." I lied. After that, we spent the rest of the two hour drive listening to her playlist, it was nice.

When I finally got to the college of Bright Moon, I started unloading our things. Of course she made me do all of the hard labor. Once everything was in my hands, I saw Glimmer look up from her phone and she turned white in the face with a worried expression. She was looking behind me.

"What-"

"No! No don't turn around." She mouthed.

After I heard that, I started turning around, "Glimmer what's the big deal-" I realized the big deal. Standing there before me, unloading her car, was Catra herself. I was startled and I didn't realize I had dropped everything in my hands on the ground. A laugh rang out from front of me, I looked and saw that signature smirk on her face. She walked in the building while I was still standing there, dumbfounded.

"Adora." Glimmer tapped me while helping me pick up our things, I was still staring at the entrance. "Adora!" she grabbed my shoulder.

I snapped out of it. "Yes-? What-."

"I know, Catra's here, but if you just stay away from her I'm sure it'll be fine, yeah?"

"Yeah..." I repeated.

"Ok good! Let's head in, I wanna find out if we're roomies by chance!" Glimmer exclaimed. Me and her both.

I walked up to the front desk with glimmer. "Hello! Name?" The receptionist was really peppy, she seemed nice.

"Adora Carrero." I said with almost no enthusiasm, college was already off to a rough start.

"Okay..ah! Here we go, your room is on the top floor, and look at that! Your roommate is also in the law program, I think you just missed her."

That made me a bit sad, that meant I wouldn't be rooming with Glimmer, she was a theatre major.

"Okay and here is your information Glimmer, you're also on the top floor, both of you have a good day!"

At least we had both gotten the top floor, she'll only be a few doors away. I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited to meet my roommate, if she also majored in law, then that meant study sessions, sharing notes, and I'm sure we'll be friends, it's going to be some long years doing law, so making a friend already was amazing.

Glimmer and I made it to the top floor, with me carrying all of her things of course. We finally got to her dorm and I dropped off her things before heading over to mine. When I walked in, I saw the last person I expected to see.

"Hey Adora."