Cold

Catra's POV

I woke up on Sunday feeling awful, I didn't have any type of motivation to get up.

Adora wasn't in her bed. She must've stayed with Glimmer.

I didn't really understand why she was so mad at me, we aren't together, and we aren't really friends either? Why did I feel bad? Nonetheless, I have to apologize to her. The only thing I have to figure out is WHY she was mad at me. Maybe because I brought someone in our room? I don't know...

I'm going to go to the store and pick up some things to make it up to her. I still didn't know what I was apologizing for, but this was a start.

I picked up some things I thought she liked, it was honestly a shot in the dark because we hadn't been friends for so long. So I picked chips, pop rocks, and some iced tea. Those were always her favorite.

Walking back to my dorm, I passed the gym, I hadn't been in there yet, working out wasn't my thing, but maybe it would be a good place to do yoga or something, a small dorm room wasn't really equipped for that. Even though Adora didn't mind working out in the tiny space...

Once I walked in, I looked around a bit before heading towards the running section when I saw something, Adora.

I looked at her and she was running on the treadmill almost too fast, but she kept up with it. Adora always worked out for no reason, she was beautiful even when she wasn't working out but Ms. Perfect didn't seem to think so.

I thought I could just sneak off but Adora seemed to sense eyes on her and turned around while slowing down.

"Hey, Catra." She seemed cold, I still felt awful. "Hey, Adora I'm sorry for-"

"No need to apologize, it's fine, but next time text me when you have someone over, I would've gone to Glimmer's immediately." She rolled her eyes but I continued.

"Well I'm still sorry, I got all your favorite snacks and I was maybe wondering if you wanted to have a stay-in day and watch some movies? Just to make up for catching you off guard." I didn't believe that that's what she was mad about, but I knew Adora, she wouldn't say anything unless she wanted to.

She looked hesitant before smiling, "Okay, fine, but I still don't completely forgive you."

"It was one time Adora! It's not gonna happen again." I said in a very whiny tone, she looked confused.

"What do you mean? Did you not like her?" She looked Jealous. I got nervous, she couldn't know about how I was feeling, we weren't even friends again.

"Just not my thing, I'm gonna focus on school..." I lied.

"Okay, let's go back to the dorm then." She suggested in a happy tone.

We walked back to the dorm and I couldn't help but smile, Adora and I walking together side by side made me more happy than I'd like to admit.

Once we got back, Adora said she'd take a shower while I set up the movies on my laptop and got snacks, I already knew what she wanted me to put on, she loved legally blonde, and frankly so did I.

When she was out of the shower she had some shorts and a hoodie, it was mine. It definitely wasn't one she kept from forever ago, it looked...like I brought it here? Did she take my hoodie?

"Hey I hope you don't mind, I took one of your hoodies, all of mine were dirty and I was cold." She confirmed my thoughts.

"Yeah, yeah it's fine." I smiled and patted the spot next to me on my bed. She sat down and I hit play.

We watched some other movies before it hit 1 AM. We were both super tired and basically falling asleep, and were pretty close to each other. It felt like old times again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I felt sunlight hit my eyes as I woke up, I was pretty annoyed because it's usually my job to close the blinds, but I forgot.

My eyes fully adjusted to what was in front of me, Adora. The sunlight was hitting her face and I thought she looked absolutely beautiful even with her messy hair. I thought about my own feelings for a moment, and I realized...I definitely liked Adora.

I reached over to fix the hair out of her face, and I felt my hands shake in anticipation. I continued and adjusted the piece out of her eyes. She stirred in her sleep before waking up. I immediately shut my eyes and pretended to be asleep.

I heard her move out of my bed and into hers, I assumed she was going back to bed because of the early hour, it was 6 AM and we'd barely gotten any sleep. To say I was disappointed was an understatement, I missed the feeling of her next to me. But I honestly had a bigger problem...I liked Adora.