Cat's Out of the Bag

(A/N: This was genuinely so hard to edit, the authors ,me and one other girl, hope you enjoy because we argued over this one for hours.)

Adora's POV

Before I woke up, I felt something tickle across my face, my eyes widened. Catra was dead asleep next to me, her face was really close to mine, I took in a breath trying not to freak out.

I sat up quickly.

How did this happen? I didn't even realize we were so close when I fell asleep. I can't let her see me like that, I didn't want to make her uncomfortable. Was I looking at her too long? Oh god.

I moved off her bed trying not to wake her, and tiptoed to my own. Once I layed down comfortably, I looked back to Catra, she hadn't moved. Thank god.

I checked my alarm at 6:05 AM. I need sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I woke up I heard the shower going, I hoped Catra didn't remember anything from last night. If she did, she might suspect I like her.

It was the perfect time to get a small work-out in the room. I had already ran yesterday and I didn't want to feel repetitive. I decided today that I would maybe plan something for me and Catra, I overreacted a bit the other day with that girl, so I thought an apology picnic might be nice.

I did my small workout and Catra was still in the shower, I was kinda hoping she'd come out and see me doing my workout, maybe I like showing off to her a little bit. Sadly, I was already ready to go to the store once I heard the water stop. So I got my bag, and put on Catra's hoodie. What? It smelt nice.

I went to the store so I could pick up some supplies for the picnic, I went to Target so I'd be able to pick up everything. First I went over to pick a blanket to use, and I got a one with a cute flower design. I then went over to get some food and picked some of Catra's favorites which included iced tea, cookies, and strawberries. I already had a nice picnic basket that I thrifted so I didn't need a new one.

I was hoping she'd like it, I couldn't even describe how nervous I was to ask her. I didn't want her to think I liked her, but I also wanted to put everything behind us. How do I say that I wanna be friends again?

When I got back to the dorm, I stood outside the door for a second with all my shit to my sides, I knew Catra was inside, because I could hear a video playing.

"Okay Adora," I whispered out loud to no one, "She didn't see us almost cuddling last night, you're fine."

I took another deep breath before unlocking the door and stepping inside.

"Hey Catra!" I said too enthusiastically.

"Oh, hey," She said, taking out her headphones, "I didn't see you come in. What's with all the stuff?"

"Nothing, ha." I laughed awkwardly earning a weird look from Catra.

"Well you look suspicious." she retorted.

I didn't really know how to ask her so I spit out, "Y'know, it's really nice out today and I was wondering if you wanted to go on a picnic with me I got the stuff already I would just need to get dressed and you don't have to if you don't want-" I was almost out of breath before she interrupted me.

"I'd love to." I smiled.

"You do? I mean you don't have to, I can just ask Glimmer or something." I was almost sweating, I didn't wanna MAKE her go if she didn't want to.

"Adora! Yes I want to go, god what has you all nervous?"She laughed.

"Nothinggg I just wanted to make up for the other night, y'know and I didnt think you- ugh its nothing, Imma go get ready."

"Alright princess, whatever you say," She said with a big smile on her face, "let me just get ready and we can get going."

I picked a long skirt with flower designs on it, a short white tank top, and a knotted button up to go over the tank. I'd say that I looked ready for a picnic.

I came out in my new outfit. I just thrifted and Catra had gotten dressed too, as usual, she had something perfect on. She had a short black skirt, a red tank top, and a black button up over it with nothing buttoned, we were matching in a way.

We both smiled and I grabbed everything before heading out, walking with her was peaceful, I don't really even know what our status of friendship is at this point...but I really did want to be her friend.

We picked a spot in the grass and I started laying everything out. Catra tried to help me but I shooed her away.

"Catra no, this is my apology picnic, I'm setting everything up." I sighed as she continued to put everything in place.

"Adora, you don't have to do everything alone, it's fine." She noticed that I had gotten all of her favorite things.

She smiled, "You got all this for me? How'd you even know I'd say yes?"

I stuttered through my words, I had just hoped she'd say yes. "Well- I just got it in case!" I smiled.

She laid down on the blanket and was looking at the sky, I scooted closer to her and did the same. We were both looking at the sky for a when I felt something touch my hand. I turned my head a bit and it was Catras hand. I didn't bother to move it, I didn't mind..

She didn't seem to notice, but when she did she sat up suddenly and chuckled nervously. "Sorry, I didn't even realize."

I sat up too, I figured I'd eat something. I looked over and handed her a tea before responding, "It's all good" she smiled.

We were both done eating and it had been silent until Catra spoke up. We were laying down again, even closer this time. "Hey, Adora, I know you don't really want to talk about what happened when me and the girl were in the dorm, but could you tell me why you were so upset? It still confuses me, was it because I didn't ask?"

I panicked because I didn't want her to know why I was actually upset, I had to say something fast, and I could just not tell her, but that wouldn't bode well for our future friendship if she did want to be my friend again.

"Well I guess I was upset because of how we were in High School it brought back the memories of us being together and seeing you having any type of connection with someone friendship or not made me realize that I really missed you as my best friend so I was hurt...I'm still sorry that I overreacted and I know you probably don't even wanna be friends again-"

She looked at me with wide eyes, "Adora!" I snapped out of my rambling and looked at her before she continued, "I- I want to be friends again too...I've been feeling that way ever since we were doing that packet together."

I turned my head over to her, stunned, I had a big smile on my face. "You do?"

"Yeah, I do." She gave me a huge smile before jumping on me into a hug, it felt great to be in her embrace again, when she looked at me she was on top of me and scrambled off blushing.

"Sorry about that, it's just that I always used to jump on you an-"

"Catra, it's okay, I missed it." I was blushing but I looked away before she could see.

She smiled before going back to the picnic, everything was perfect, I just didn't know how I was going to get past my feelings for her.