Old Friends

Adora's POV

No- this can't be happening. Not only is Catra my new roommate, she was in the law program I'm in.

"Aw what's with the surprised face princess? Cat got your tongue?" When isn't this girl smug.

I immediately straightened myself out, she hadn't called me that in years. "Catra what are you doing here? Maybe I'm in the wrong room." I checked and no, I was in the correct room.

"I'm here cause this is my dorm duh, I would think even you have that much common sense Adora." She rolled her eyes.

I was still stunned, but I continued into the room to the empty bed and desk, I may not have gotten to pick, but at this point I didn't really care, I just wanted to know why the hell Catra picked this college of all places.

"Y'know Adora you haven't changed much, nice to see that you got rid of that ridiculous hair poof." She said as she giggled into her mouth a bit.

"And I'M glad to see that you actually brushed your hair for once and did something with it." I retorted back, I actually loved her crazy hair, but she didn't need to know that.

"Ouch, still not over Junior year Adora?"

I felt myself tense as I was unpacking my clothes. "N-no, I don't care, that was a long time ago." I tried to hold myself together, of course I wasn't over it.

"Whatever, can't wait to get better grades than you, blondie."

I held myself together as I stood up,our falling out obviously didn't mean much to her. We had been best friends for years, and all of it went down the drain over competition.

"You can stop with the condescending nicknames, Catra, just don't talk to me and we'll be fine." I turned back to my clothing, I just wanted to get this done so I could leave.

"Alright." She sounded deflated, maybe I shouldn't have been so harsh.

I got done unpacking as quickly as possible, I wanted to explore the campus, and I wanted to get away from Catra.

"Well, I'm gonna head out, bye" I said awkwardly. I have to tell Glimmer about this.

Catra's POV

Contrary to popular belief, I was really glad we shared a dorm, I acted like I didn't really care, but that was only because she didn't. I wanted to mend our friendship, but I don't think she even wants to talk to me based on how fast she headed out.

I started to unpack and I couldn't help but look over at Adora's things. She had left her wallet. She really is an idiot. Maybe a peek wouldn't hurt. I looked on the inside and saw her ID, with her cute little hair poof and ponytail. I flipped a section and I gasped to myself. She still had the picture of us from Sophomore year. She probably just forgot to take it out, but then again how do you go two years without maybe doing that. I put on the front that I didn't really give a damn around her, but it was anything but the truth, I can't help but feel that our falling out was on me.

I heard someone coming down the hall and I put down her wallet just in case it was her, and sure enough it was. I looked a bit weird, as if I was waiting for her to come in.

She looked at me weirdly, "Uh, hey, I just forgot my wallet" I just nodded and went back to unpacking as she left. Once she did, I let out a huge breath I didn't even know I was holding in.

Adora's POV

"No way, you HAVE to be kidding Adora, please tell me you're kidding!" I was at a coffee shop with Glimmer, I had told her the situation.

"I know...I guess I'm just going to suck it up, if she's also majoring in law, there isn't really a way to get away from her." I have to admit, I missed her but this wasn't helping me get over her in any way.

"I'm sorry Adora, I know that must suck for you." Glimmer looked at me with a sad expression.

"Don't worry about me." I gave her a smile.

"But I do worry about you, you were practically in love with Catra-" I Interrupted her.

"Glimmer it's fine! Seriously, let's just stop talking about it." I pleaded.

"Alright."

It was now eight o'clock at night, and I figured after exploring the campus all day that I should head back to my new home for the next year. I wasn't dreading it but I wasn't excited either.

I walked into the room and Catra was typing something on her computer while humming to a song on her headphones. She didn't notice I walked in, and I didn't bother to notify her.

I saw that she had her hair down and she was in a t-shirt and some leggings, she looked good.

I started walking over to my drawers to pick out some comfy clothes, I chose a sports bra and some shorts. By then, Catra had noticed that I came back but didn't bother to say anything. I went into the bathroom and changed into my clothes and came back out and decided to go into bed and go on my computer, maybe write or listen to music.

I put my earbuds in and listened to some music on my computer as I looked through some things I could read.

"Hey is that mine?" I heard it muffled through my earbud so I took it out and looked at her.

"What?"

She repeated herself. "I said, is that mine?" She said as she gestured to the black Nike sports bra I was wearing. I hadn't even realized, that's not embarrassing.

"Yeah- uh sorry, did you want it back?" I asked with a bit of a held tilt.

"No, it looks good on you blondie." Catra smirked a bit before I blushed a bit, she always used to do this to me, the teasing.

No words were exchanged after that, so I put my earbuds back in, I was still blushing, but at least Catra had turned back to what she was doing.

After that I had just turned off my light and computer when it hit eleven and I saw Catra do the same.

What a day....classes started tomorrow and I already had my outfit plan and set, I was excited to start, even if that meant dealing with Catra.

Not that dealing with her was too terrible...