Rekindling

Adora's POV

I'm glad to have Catra back, our friendship for the past month has been fun to say the least, I haven't been this happy in months. It's genuinely like old times again, and I obviously don't mind her in class anymore.

Professor Richmond was doing her annual Political discussion and I, of course, wasn't paying attention, how could I with Catra sitting next to me, like god damn.

"Adora, what does this even have to do with the class?" That's honestly a good question, I've been spaced out since halfway through, thankfully I was zoned in for that part since it was the last part of the discussion. I guess Catra wasn't on her A-Game today either.

"I'll send you a picture really quick, it has to do with the court system or something." I smiled and took a picture before sending it to her. I looked over to her phone to see if she got it and it dinged, I looked at the contact name and it said "Adora-ble" With a red heart, I smiled a bit to myself but Catra swiped her phone up pretty fast.

"Thank you." She gave me a quick smile before returning to the lecture.

That wasn't suspicious at all.

Once class ended we walked over to get lunch at our favorite place and I ordered for Catra since she was on her phone doing god knows what. I already knew her favorite anyways.

Catra and I took our seats, " Soooo..." I started. Catra looked up from her phone.

"Sooo what?" She smiled.

"Sooo what was that I saw earlier?" I smirked, glancing at her phone

Catra's eyes widened, " What, aha, you're weird." I glanced at her phone again.

"Hey eyes up here." She snapped her finger and pointed her finger at me.

I decided to test my theory, maybe what I saw was my mind playing tricks on me. I went into my texts and sent her a random picture from my camera roll. Her phone buzzed and I grabbed it before she could. When I looked it still said "Adora-ble" with the same red heart. I smirked. "Nothing to see huh?"

"Ugh Adora it's JUST a nickname." She was blushing as she snatched her phone back.

I smiled and decided not to push any further, at least I knew she may like me a little bit.

We finished lunch and went back to our dorms because of the lengthy essay we were assigned. We both started and I was honestly blanking on what I should write and I looked over to Catra and she was already typing away.

"Catra." I let out an exasperated sigh.

"Yes?" She didn't look up and continued typing, so I walked over and  punched her shoulder a bit, not too hard, just enough to get her attention. She looked up with her eyebrows raised, "Yes, Adora?"

"I'm boredddd.'' I cried out laying down on her bed. She smiled before putting her laptop aside. "Well that's too bad, we have an essay to write, but I guess we could take a break."

I smiled and tried to get up but Catra tugged me down.

I was confused, "what?"

"Don't leaveeeee."

"I'm just getting some wate-" I tried to get up again but she jumped on me before I could move. Hands on both of my wrists, legs to the side of my torso.  She was right on top of me. "Now you can't leave." I smiled knowing I could flip our positions with no trouble.

"Not so strong now, Adora?" She was laughing at her victory.

We were staring at each other, I smirked and rolled us over so I was on top of her. "Actually, I'm still strong, nice try though." I smiled down at her, my face inches away her's.

She scoffed before speaking, "Pfft okaayyy, how does it feel to pin someone who isn't as strong as you."

I smiled, "Very good actually, how does it feel to be weaker than me?"

I continued, "Oh c'monnnn you know you could've avoided it, you're fast enough. Maybe you just wanted to be under me." By now she was blushing.

"I-I did not!!" She was struggling to get out of my grip. She stopped after I wouldn't budge and we both stared at each other for a beat too long, but she looked away.

"What's wrong, can't stare at me for too long? I know I'm attractive but apparently THE Catra thinks so too."

She got really red and laughed a bit, "Ugh whatever, just let me go already." I let go of her hands and went into the kitchen. Leaving Catra to her thoughts. I opened the freezer and put my head in there, was it hot in here?

I got my water before sitting with Catra again and she was smiling at something on her phone. I peeked and saw that she was looking at the picnic photos we had taken earlier this month, I posted them and tagged her and all of the comments were filled with positivity for our rekindled friendship.

"I actually like this photo of us." She smiled before handing me her phone, it was a cute selfie I took of us. It was my favorite too.

"OH ACTUALLY." I teased.

"That's not what I meant, I just thought we looked cute." She admitted.

"We should get back to writing." I nodded and continued with my essay, it was still boring but since Catra was next to me I didn't mind it too much.

We were both super tired by the time we both finished our essays, I finished first because of how fast I type, but Catra followed in a timely manner.

I figured Catra would want something to eat and so I ordered some take-out, again, already knowing her favorite. I think she'd appreciate it since we haven't eaten since lunch.

She was surprised when it came. "You didn't have to 'Dora" she looked over smiling.

"Yes, I did. You looked exhausted." I grabbed everything and we both headed to my bed and sat down to watch a movie.

We happily ate next to each other, shoulder to shoulder, as we watched Brave.

I'm glad to say that we're friends again, I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. I just wished that she wanted me like I wanted her.