Study Date

Adora's POV

In class today, we were assigned a pretty lengthy packet, so I decided to ask Catra if she wanted to work with me, and she agreed. I was glad to be doing the assignment with her, because just looking at it made me lose brain cells.

I heard Catra's voice and snapped out of my thoughts. "Where did you want to start in the packet?"

"Oh-uh, why not in order? That seems like the best option." I stammered out.

"Okay, whatever you want blondie."

I pushed aside my blush and I started on the first section of the packet.

"Hey, what did you get for number 28 on page 3?"

I blinked at her, Catra asking a question? "Uh- I got the judicial branch."

"Hah, I knew you would get that one wrong." I was starting to get a bit annoyed.

"What do you mean? It was the judicial branch, I have it in my lecture notes right here." I defended.

Catra smirked "She explained in the lecture that you had to name all three branches to get that question right, you were obviously spacing out."

"I- I was not spacing out! How would you know anyway, why were you looking at me huh?"

Her face flushed, "Well I knew because you just confirmed it, you never get anything wrong unless you're distracted."

My eyebrow raised in question, "That still doesn't answer why you were looking at me."

She spit out, "Well I- y'know what it's not MY fault you're stupid and can't pay attention to a simple question." Her eyes went wide after my face fell.

"Y'know what Catra, finish it on your own, it's not like either of us need each other's help!" I started packing up my backpack, I didn't want to be around her anymore. Same old Catra. I should've known.

"Hey! Where are you going? It's eleven at night!" She yelled after me.

"Like you care, I'm going anywhere but here." I knew I was just gonna run to get off some steam, but she didn't have to know that.

So I left.

Catra's POV

WHAT DID I JUST DO! We were having an amazing time, why did I have to have an outburst like that?

I was staring at her, I didn't want her to know that! Now she's walking alone, in the dark, going god knows where. Wait a minute, alone, in the dark..

WHY DID I LET HER LEAVE-

I grabbed my coat as fast as I could and I rushed towards the only place I thought she would be. The track. I started jogging and could faintly see some blonde hair- Adora.

She was running almost full speed, so I tried to yell to get her attention.

"Adora!" I saw her turn around and then continue running. I jogged up to her a tiny bit out of breath. She stopped finally, completely unfazed even though she ran more than me.

"Adora-" I breathed in a bit "Adora I-"

She cut me off once again, "Catra I don't want to hear it, this is exactly why we aren't friends anymore, you blew up on me for not answering a question."

Ouch, that stung, a lot.

"Adora I didn't mean to blow up like that, you know I didn't mean it, I came out because it's dark and you're running all alone, you could've been hurt!"

She looked at me angrily, I hadn't seen that look in forever. "AND WHAT'S IT TO YOU, IT ISN'T LIKE YOU CARE" she sighed, "Just leave me alone Catra." She tried to turn around and I grabbed her arm. "No, Adora, let's head back, please. It's cold, you're going to get sick."

It looked like realization had hit her, "yeah- I guess you're right..."

She was already shivering when we were heading back. I looked at my coat, and took it off to put it over her, the shivering stopped and a blush grew on her face, most likely from the cold.

She smiled a bit. "This doesn't mean I forgive you."

"Yeah, whatever you say princess."

"Y'know I could've handled myself, I have more muscle than you." She flexed.

"Yeah I can tell by those work-outs you do every morning." Oops, I was supposed to be "asleep" when she was up early.

"How do you know that I work-out every morning? You're always asleep."

"Well, I-"

"So is that going to be your thing? Not giving straight answers?" She laughed.

"Well I guess one time I woke up and fell back asleep." She nodded, it seemed like she believed me.

"As punishment for yelling at me, I'm keeping your jacket with me, but again this doesn't mean I like you."

I laughed."Yeah, sure, goodnight blondie."

She seemed really tired, falling asleep almost.

"Goodnight, kitty." I blushed, because, well, she was the only one who was allowed to say it. Everyone always made fun of my unique name but she never did. So I let her. UGH, what am I even saying? You can't be friends with her again! Think about what she did to you, I need something to get her off my mind, and fast.