IV

"Perhaps the troops could do with some reinforcement?"

Amelia had joined her master once again for a council meeting and had been graced with the news that the rebels on Trebula had not yet been entirely sought out. She walked to the head of the table as she spoke and brought the attention of every officer.

"We can't spare any more full regiments, only a few stragglers."

"I wasn't suggesting troopers...Maybe some help from Master Ren would encourage both our army and invoke some fear in the rebels, forcing them out."

"It certainly has its merits..."

"Providing my master would agree to such a task."

"I will agree, certainly. Amelia is right: I will assist."

"Good," Hux said and Amelia nodded to him. "We will begin immediately. They will be stopped, there is no doubt of that."

"Thank you, General."

"You continue, in the meantime, I will make final preparations before loading," Ren said, making for the door. "Amelia."

And with that they both left, Amelia hurrying to stay by his side as they walked the corridors.

"I'm sorry to have thrown you into that if you don't actually want to do it," she said, following him around a corner "Only, I think it could really work."

"You are right, it will."

"You think so?"

"Yes, and you will be joining me this time. I believe you are prepared enough."

"You do?"

"Yes, after all, it is only a small gathering of fighters, mostly inexperienced from our intel. It will be good practice in the field, you will have to do it at some point. And our combined force will be stronger than one; that is what we need. But be warned," He stopped and turned to her, looking down on her from a height and she met the stone-cold face of his mask from under her hood. "This is real, a battlefield. There is no room for mistakes or petty errors."

"Of course, master. Absolutely. I won't let you down."

"Good. I have faith in you, Amelia...And this is for you." He handed her a new shining black lightsaber lined with gold engraves that hummed and glowed crimson when she ignited the blade. "Your own saber."

"It's gorgeous..." She moved it from side to side then rolled it in her hand: it was light and manoeuvrable, easily slicing through the air before her. She smiled at its gracefulness. "Wow...Thank you so much..."

"An apprentice needs their own weapon to learn with, not just a spare blade. I hope it will serve you well; take care of it."

"It will," she replied as they entered the hangar, making for one of the ships. But she turned at the mention of her name to the General following after them, perfectly poised as always and dressed as well to travel in his coat and gloves.

"Miss Amelia."

"General," she asked in slight astonishment as Ren boarded, leaving them to speak privately. "What brings you here?"

"Well, I see you will be joining the mission this time rather than observing with me: congratulations."

"Thank you..." she muttered cautiously, confused at this praise as it was far out of character for the two of them to be civil. "Master Ren believes my training is complete enough and I think so too..."

"I wish you the best of luck although I have no doubt of your ability now. I will be joining you, I hope it is not too much of a distraction given our less than tasteful relationship."