4

I grabbed the bottle of whiskey and two glasses, serving for both of us. I walked over to Jonathan and gave him his glass, sitting back down on the chair of my father's office. He had left with Diego and squadron of men to Rome. My father is a big player in Italy. He has a few powerful contacts that he could task with deterring the feds away.

Elijah sighed, rubbing his eyes before looking back at the screen. "I, uh, I haven't heard back anything substantial from the people we sent to Colombia. It's pretty quiet over there. The police got involved, trying to figure out who started the fires, but it's not looking good. They have confirmed everyone to be... to be dead."

Jonathan breathed out shakily, swirling the liquor in his cup. "Did they find Jessica's body among any of the bodies?"

"No," Elijah shook his head. "They're still looking, but..."

"But what?" I asked. My tone was harsher than I intended. 

"Colombia is a big place when you're wanted dead, Anastasia. With the gang down, everyone else is fighting for the top spot. It's a terrible time for our men to show they are on your side. It'll get them all killed."

"I want my sister found, Elijah," I warned him. "And I want her found alive."

He nodded, "I know you do. And we will find her. We'll find her alive and we'll bring her here. Just... we can't be rash and get those men killed."

I brought the glass to my lips and gulped the entire content in one go. The liquor burned my throat, feeling a twisted kind of good. "Good. Have you spoken to Dad?"

"Yes," Elijah said. "He said he was speaking with one of his contacts in the Carabinieri, trying to get them to put off the feds."

"And if they don't?" Jonathan asked.

"If they don't," Elijah sighed. "Well, then we'll have to take more... direct measures. Hit them where it will take away any desire they have to go after us."

"Great," I quipped. "We don't need no fucking feds here anyway. Has anyone spoke with Jason? To see if he can do anything about it from America?"

"Your father was going to speak to him if it got worse, but it's better not make matters worse by involving more gangs."

Before I could respond, my phone started ringing. I answered upon seeing Martin's, leader of the Colombian mafia's, number.

"Hello?" I put his call on speaker.

"Anastasia?"

"Si, Martin, how are you?"

"I'm good, mi niña, how are you?"

I sighed, "in desperate need to hear news about my sister, Martin. You got any?"

"I wish I could say yes, kiddo. I been having my people searching for your sister since you asked, but I haven't gotten much. Everything around here is too chaotic with the news of Dinastía being down. And since your brother isn't here, things are getting tough."

"You hang in there, Martin. Thank you for your help," I told him. "And, please, be careful. These psychos are going after all the major players right now. There's no one bigger than you left in Colombia."

"Claro que si! I'll be alright. You two stay safe. You know you can call me if you need anything."

"I know, Martin. Thank you."

"Adios!"

Elijah blew out a breath, smacking his hands down onto the couch armrests before getting up. "I've got to do general security rounds. Call if me you need anything."