1: welcome to outer banks, new girl

stevie's pov-

"STEVIE TIME TO GET UP!" My mum yells from downstairs, I sit up and check my clock on my bed side table shit it's 7:30 and I have to leave at 8:00 for my first day at school. I get up and go straight to my closet to find something to wear, I quickly grabbed my mom jeans, oversized top and my converse.

I rush to my bathroom to brush my teeth and do my hair I decided to put my hair in a high ponytail and I put on some mascara so my eyes don't look so dead, I went back into my room and grabbed my bag with everything already in it and run downstairs

I rush to my bathroom to brush my teeth and do my hair I decided to put my hair in a high ponytail and I put on some mascara so my eyes don't look so dead, I went back into my room and grabbed my bag with everything already in it and run downstairs. "Morning Mum!" I gave my mum a kiss on the cheek as she's dishing up breakfast, "Morning Sweetheart, you look beautiful for your first day!" I smile at her, "Are you nervous?" My mum asks as she gives me a berry smoothie bowl and water "Kind of, I'm just hoping I can find new people." I say to my mum smiling, she smiles back and walks to the living room. I start eating my food and finished in seconds, I quickly wash my bowl, get my car keys and bag, run over to my mum to say goodbye and walked out the door. I unlocked my car and got in, I turned my car on and got the directions to my new school and started driving.

I pull in to the car park at the school and turned my car off, before I got out of the car I checked my phone and got a good-luck message from my mum and dad, I grabbed my bag and got out of my car and locked it, I looked up at the school and started walking towards to main gates. Because I'm new I have to go to the Principal to get my timetable and someone is showing me around before period 1, I look around quickly trying to find the Principal's office and I finally make it, I knock on the door and wait for an answer, "Come in!" I open the door and walk in slowly, "Oh, you must be Stevie" The Principal says standing up to shake my hand, "I'm Miss Blake." I shake her hand, "And I'm Stevie but you already know that." I say feeling quite nervous, "Take a seat Stevie." Principal Blake says pointing to the seat in-front of her desk, I sit down and look around her office and gosh it's fancy. "So Stevie, This will be your senior year and I know you will be here for only a year but it will be the best year at this school!" Miss Blake says very cheerfully, "I'm glad to be here and have the opportunity to be apart of this." I say smiling at her, "Great to hear! Here is your timetable and I'll just get your helper this morning." She says as she gets up and hands me my timetable. I turn around to see a tall, blonde, blue eyed boy with his arms crossed and he looks grumpy, he's looking at Principal Blake like he doesn't want to be here "Stevie this is JJ he will show you around." She says as I get my bag and stand up, "Thanks Principal Blake" I say as me and the boy named JJ

"Thanks for showing me around" I say to him to break the silence, he doesn't say anything "I can tell you don't want to be here" I say to him looking at the ground, "What?" He says, "Nothing" I say quickly, I hear him chuckle. We've been walking around for 10 minutes but he didn't tell me what classes where what, "Give me your timetable" He says with his hand out, I hand him my timetable and stand there awkwardly "You have maths with me" He says handing back my timetable, "Okay, um thanks for the walk I guess?" I say as I slowly walk away, "Do you even know where the class is?" He asks, I turn around "Nope but I'm sure I'll manage" I say walking further away "You were just outside of the classroom" He laughs, I turn back around and glared at him as I walk pass him, I get to the door and peek through the little window and see people in class I take a huge breath in and knock on the door, I see everyone looking at the door. I wait for the door to open and a man opened the door smiling at me, "You must be Stevie, I'm Mr Moon your new maths teacher" He says holding his hand out for me to shake, "It's nice to meet you" I say shaking his hand, "Come in so I can introduce you to the class" He says letting me in, everyone is looking at me and I'm a nervous wreak! "Everyone this is Stevie, she just moved here from?" Mr Moon asks looking at me, "Darwin, Australia" I say looking at him, "Hear that folks, we got an Aussie!" He says, everyone stays quiet, "Well take a seat and welcome" He says to me as he gets back to teaching, I look around to see a sit at the back of the class and I go straight for it, I sit down and grab my maths book and my pencil case and start writing down whatever was on the board.

"Excuse me" I look next to me and see a girl with brown hair, brown eyes and tan skin leaning over to me "Do you have a pen or pencil I could borrow?" She asks "Uh, yeah I do" I say as I look for one in the pencil case, "Here" I say to her while passing it over "Thanks" She says and continues listening. DING DING DING the bell goes for next period I start putting my stuff back in my bag and see the girl stand in front of me, "Here's your pen, thanks again" She says holding my pen out, "Oh um, keep it" I say standing up, "I don't need it" "Oh thanks, I'm Kiara by the way." She says while we walk out of class, "Stevie but everyone now knows that" I say looking at my timetable, "What do you have now?" Kiara asks, "Chemistry, you?" I ask "I have bio but I can show you your classroom" She offers, "Are you sure?" I ask, "Of course!" She says leading me to my next class. It was finally the end of the day and as soon as the bell went off I left the building quite fast, "Hey Stevie!" I turn around to see Kiara calling out to me, "Hey" I smile "Are you free tonight?" She asks, "I think so. Why?" I ask, "Well theres a party tonight and I was wondering if you wanna join!" She says, "Uh sure!" I say "Cool! Here's my number" She says handing me a little piece of paper, "Do you want mine?" I ask, she nods. After having a quick chat with Kiara, I finally get to my car I got in and quickly texted mum saying I'm on my way and drove home.