Chapter Ten Part One

The next morning Percy woke up early. He got dressed quickly and spend the next half an hour silently spelling his belongings so they wouldn't be touched. He then slid out the door, crossed the common room and entered the dungeon. He masked his steps and made his way to the Astronomy tower. Several stairs later he reached the top. He stood at the railing and scared the area beneath him. The forest laid silently under him. Aria still hadn't shown and he wanted to contact her to see if everything was okay.

Aria.

For a while he didn't get a reply, but then something got through. Hey Percy, what's up?

Percy smiled. Nothing much. When are you returning?

Not sure yet. Soon.

Okay. See you soon then. Percy broke off the contact, happy she was alright. He wanted to spread his wing and let himself fall. Spiral down the highest tower of Hogwarts until at the very end he opened his powerful wings and soar into the sky. Instead he turned around and walked sown staircase after staircase. He was back in the Slytherin common room before anyone could have noticed his absence.

Two hours later the Slytherins left the dungeon behind and entered the great hall, ready for breakfast. They followed a few Gryffindors into the hall and Percy recognised Hermione's bush of hair. "Good morning Hermione. Ron. Harry.", Percy greeted them and nodded his head as he passed by. The trio looked surprised but greeted him as well after the shock wore off.

Percy left them behind and made his way to the Slytherin table with his house mates. "Why did you greet them?", Draco asked furiously. He had stopped and crossed his arms over his torso. The others also did not look amused.

"Because it is polite."

"Well, they don't deserve politeness!", Draco argued.

"Well and I won't become rude just because of the colours they are wearing. You better deal with that, Draco.", Percy stated and turned around to continue walking when a scream let him swirl around. Outside the hall panic had started and a few moments later Percy saw why.

A little white thunder shot in and around the ceiling. It blurred in speed, dodging the spells students shot at it and Percy laughed. "Easy there, little one! We don't want another broken wing." The white blue came to a stop and sat down on Percy's outstretched arm. Aria smiled at Percy and continued to clean her snow white paw. Percy petted her head. "Where have you been, huh? Left me all alone.", he sounded accusing but soon couldn't hold back the smile.

"What- what is that?", Draco broke the silence. Whispers started everywhere and Aria looked around, watching the witches and wizards.

"This is Aria. She will live with us if that is okay with you." It wasn't a question. The Slytherins knew they didn't have a say in the matter. "Now, let's eat." They finally reached the table as hundreds of owls came soaring in through the upper windows. They descended all over the Hall, bringing letters and packages. Percy held down the white creature on his arm and watched the phenomenon. The owls didn't take any sounds while flying, but the sight was phenomenal. He felt drops of water coming down from them and looking up he saw the reason. The ceiling showed the pouring rain outside. The owl were gone after a few minutes and Percy allowed Aria to roam free again and finally sat down.

During breakfast his companion used him as a climbing wall, but Percy was used to it by now. Conversation was held to a minimum and Draco was still sulking because of before. Theodore Nott had gotten newspapers from an owl and was deeply concentrated at what he was reading. Now side then he told them a headline or two. When they were done with breakfast, Percy had only taken a few sips of his goblet, Snape walked down the table, handing out timetables. When he got to Percy he stoped.