Chapter Twenty-Two Part One

The professor had ignored him until they were in the castle again and even then strode away without another word. Percy had just shaken his head and went searching for his two cousins. He had found them in the room of requirements that formed a room for the both of them. Their room was different from the one he had at the end of summer. It had hammocks as beds and was big to provide space for fighting. There were targets all around the room for them to practice archery. Percy was truly impressed.

"Looks good in here.", he said, his eyes finally returning to the two girls.

"It does. Extremely handy this room don't you think?", said Thalia and jumped down from her hammock.

"It is. It's actually the room we have our DA meetings in." He didn't think about what he was saying, there was nothing to keep from the girls in front of him.

"DA?"

"Dumbledore's Army.", Percy said rolling his eyes. "The name wasn't my idea.", he added quickly. "It's where we train other students defensive spells because Umbridge refuses to do so."

"Of course you started a revolution.", laughed Thalia. He had told them about the frog lady that was Dolores Umbridge and they even got a bit of her medicine themselves. Artemis had sworn him she never wanted to kill a woman more.

Percy smirked but didn't reply to the accusation. "School starts again tomorrow. We need to decide how to go forward from this."

"I don't feel comfortable leaving not knowing what is going to happen.", said Artemis.

"We can't stay here forever.", replied Thalia.

"You are right. I will contact Psyche. Now that we have a raw idea of what could be it, the may be able to help. Until we know more you can stay here. I will talk to the headmaster." They agreed and Percy spent the rest of his time until he had to be at the headmaster's office again with them. They had grown extremely comfortable around each other and Percy caught himself making jokes. He knew Thalia noticed too by the way she smiled at him.

As expected the headmaster had no problem with them staying a bit into the school year and when Percy left the office that night he was truly satisfied with himself. He had gotten rid of three more spells and only had two more left. By the next night if everything went right he was done. Done!

He walked down the corridor smiling stupidly to himself. And it was ever this stupid happiness that made him miss the toad until she walked into his sight. She stood a few meters in front of him and her look told him to stop. Percy still tried to walk around her but she stopped him.

"Mr. Jackson?", she called out ans he stopped and turned around to face her again reluctantly.

"Yes?", he asked bitterly sweet.

"Don't think I have forgotten about you.", she replied as if it was a threat. Instead Percy thought it pretty funny.

"How could you? I am right here.", he smiled at her once more and turned to leave. How he hated this woman!

With the next day came students. They trailed in over the day. Most by the floor network but some also just entered through the main door and when Percy climbed the Astrometry tower to see where they came from he saw a violently purple, triple-decker bus. It just appeared out of nothing and sped off soon again after some passengers got out.

Artemis and Thalia made a game out of guessing the way the students the saw got here. And while Artemis actually knew what was possible, Thalia made wild guesses. From flying carpets to giant snails in the speed of light. Percy joined in every now and then. He was incredible with noticing the smallest coal dust on their clothes and almost always guessed right if someone came through the chimney like Santa Clause.