Chapter Twenty

Don't forget to comment ;)

*

They were late for breakfast.

Everyone was already eating when they entered and hurried to sat down. Percy replied to the Merry Christmas wishes and reached for his goblet. The fight had been brutal and went on for longer than either had expected. After they had to heal of the many fatal wounds and desperately needed a shower. Now Percy was extremely thirsty and drown the cup in one go. He heard Artemis chuckle next to him for his behaviour and shot her a glare.

Not all of us were born immortal.

Oh come on, Perseus. Her laugh hallowed through his head. Of course she found this extremely amusing. After all she didn't need to feed herself.

Good to see you still can laugh after that clear defeat, he said back to her. Her mood changed immediately. Her face stilled and eyes grew dark, he on the other hand now started laughing.

"Good to see you are in such a good mood today, Mr. Jackson.", said the headmaster smiling behind his cup.

"Well it's Christmas after all.", he answered. "Actually, professor, I have something for you." He pulled out a bag out of one of his many pockets and gave it to the wizard. "Your favourites I was assured." Percy smiled at the man's big grin after he saw what was inside. He picked one of the yellow sweets out and popped it into his mouth.

"Nothing quite like sweets, is there?" Albus Dumbledore send Percy a wink.

Aria came flying in in the middle of breakfast. She curled up in Percy's lap and seemingly fell asleep. Percy rested one hand on the creature feeling her smooth fur. The last Christmas he had spent only with her. They had been somewhere in the depths of Russia's winter, on a tree watching the dark sky. Now they were here. In a witches' school with the goddess of the hunt. Who knew?

Percy watched the children talk about their presents and cards they got, the teachers smiling at each other, happy being there, with each other. Even Umbridge suddenly didn't look so bad. She was eating silently and Percy's smile only faltered slightly when his eyes met hers. And then his eyes fell on the greek goddess beside him. She noticed and looked up.

"Thank you." It was only a whisper, but she understood well enough. He wasn't even sure what he was thanking her for, but she did and nodded.

Then his head shot up. He didn't know how, but he knew. "Thalia is awake."

Striking blue eyes met him when he shot into the Hospital Wing. He scanned her face for any signs of uneasiness. But apart from the confusion she looked alright.

"Artemis, you are here!", said Thalia astonished. She had sat up in the bed and the blanket only covered her feet.

"Nice to see you too, cousin.", said Percy and chuckled. He went to her side and took his normal seat.

"Well I knew you'd be here, seaweed-brain." She rolled her eyes and Percy was glad she was well enough to be witty.

"Miss Grace." Albus Dumbledore walked to the foot of the bed and smiled at the girl. Thalia watched him carefully, surely assessing wether he was danger. "We are glad you are awake. Your cousins and sister were worried. How are you feeling?"

"Nico was here too?" Thalia looked at Percy.

Percy nodded and smiled at her. "I will contact him you are among the living again." He was so happy she was fine and knew so would be Nico.

"Let me take care of that. I'll be back in a minute.", said Lady Artemis and left the room after looking her lieutenant over again, leaving Percy and Thalia alone with the headmaster, Professor McGonagall, Professor Umbridge and Madam Pomfrey. The last one now walked to Thalia's other side and smiled at her.