Chapter Twenty-One Part Two

"Wait, not so fast. What can we do about it?", asked Artemis looking at Percy.

"Do we have to do something? I feel fine." They had put away their weapons, there was better things to do than to fight because of boredom.

"Yes but who knows for how much longer. It could stop healing you at any point.", said Percy.

"Or it could have other effects on your body.", added Artemis running her fingers through her hair. Percy nodded and Thalia sat down at one of the benches growing steadily whiter.

"So we need to get it out.", she concluded.

"But what if we get it out the wrong moment and it can't heal you anymore." Artemis sat down beside her.

"Or I can't even get it out in the first place." Percy ran a hand over his face and sighed before sitting down as well.

"Not even thinking about the fact that we can not be sure this is the reason behind my body's reaction." Thalia concluded the misery they were stuck in.

"Just perfect.", muttered Percy and rested his head in his hands. His mind was running a marathon while he relaxed his body. It took Thalia shaking him to tear him out of this state again. When he looked up Dumbledore stood in front of him.

Percy had hurried to get his stuff together and follow the headmaster. He hadn't noticed how long he had been thinking and overlooked the time. In the office they went through the same ritual. Not much was said before they took the potion and laid down. As always Percy took his books inside and started working immediately. He had worked hard the last days and only a few spells were left. After the time ran out Percy gave the professor an update on how it went.

This time Dumbledore only nodded and then changed the topic. "Percy, what do you know about the invasion of the mind?"

Percy searched his mind about the topic. He had read a book about the topic, but wasn't sue if that was what the professor wanted of him. "Are you talking about Legilimency, professor?"

"Yes and no. I want to know about your kind of mind intrusion, in your world." Dumbledore looked at him expectantly, a glow of anticipation in his eyes.

"Not much. I am sure the gods are able to 'read' as well as possess the mind, but I have not yet heard of one demigod to possess this power.", Percy explained calmly. Of course he himself was possessing this power, but the wizard didn't need to know that. And Percy didn't use it often anyway.

"And how would you avoid it?", asked the elderly wizard and Percy began wondering where this was going.

"I don't think there is something you can do to stop a god from entering your mind." Percy crossed his arms over his chest.

"Of course! I suppose you can't. But I was talking more ... general." If he had a problem with Legilimency, why wouldn't he just use Occlumency?

"I guess a healthy and strong mind should do the trick. The difficulty lies in the moments you don't have control over your mind like sleep.", answered Percy. "Professor, if you have a problem-" He didn't get any further.

"It is not I who has a Legilimency problem. You were there, you know about Mr. Potter's dream." He had lowered his voice. Percy thought back to the night he had spend in the headquarters. Harry had dreamed of the attack.

"But he had seen what had happened. It wasn't his mind that was affected. If anything it was him who used Legilimency.", concluded Percy.

"It seems like Mr. Potter has a special bond with Voldemort. He sees snippets of his mind, which have proven useful before. But now Voldemort found the bond, too." The old wizard had started to walk up and down again and Percy settled back in his own mind as well.