𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑉𝐼

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

As per usual, the teenage heroes were scattered across the living room and kitchen area. Leo and Adam were busy trying to beat their high score. Evelyn, Skylar and Elizabeth were busy on their phones, seeing how their old friends were having fun - as it was Summer break for them - and how they were stuck in a 110-storeys high building. Bree and Madison were playing chess for the first time. No one was there to check and they didn't know the rules, so they winged the entire game. It wasn't certain who won and who lost. Oliver and Chase were discussing science, something that bored Kaz greatly.

Kaz yawned, as the two other boys continued their discussion. He could feel his throat burning up and before he knew it, he accidentally set the umbrella stand on fire.

The stand was located near Madison. Very near Madison. Kaz's fireball luckily missed her and hit the umbrella stand instead.

Chase quickly got on his feet and took out the fire extinguisher. He fired it on the umbrella stand, but - without really realising it - he also covered Madison in the white clouds. "Did I get it?"

The fire was not completely out yet, while a new burning sensation was going through Madison's body; she was angry. She reached out her hand towards the umbrella stand. What she did next is a little difficult to explain. She sort of sucked the fire out of the umbrella stand and into her hand. The fire was no longer in the stand - to everyone's relief.

She walked over to Chase, playing with the small ball of fire. "Next time you see a fire," she told him. "Remember that I can manipulate it before you cover me in that stupid, white foam."

Chase hadn't even noticed that he also covered Madison. He did notice that she wasn't there anymore all of a sudden. Now he understood why. "Sorry," he quietly muttered.

"It's okay. Forgiving hug?" she replied kindly and instantly pulled him in a hug.

Even though Chase knew exactly why she did it - he too was now covered in the white foam - he quite liked it. He jokingly hugged her back and spoke, "Glad we're okay."

"Idiot," Madison chuckled.

Mr Davenport came running down the stairs. "I heard an explosion. Did we get attacked by shape-shifters again?!" He was wearing a rather tight leotard. It didn't suit him well.

Chase startled himself when he looked up from his hug with Madison to his "father". "No, but could you cover up? I'm seeing a few too many shape-shifting going on over there," he retorted, tightening his grip on Madison.

"AAH!" Leo shrieked at the of Mr Davenport. "My eyes!"

At this point, all the teenage heroes were horrified by the sight, except for Madison, who hadn't seen the middle-aged man yet.

Chase kept his gaze on Madison, as he gently wiped off the foam of her face and hair. Yes, she was almost unrecognizable, but Chase could slowly see her soft features returning. Her crystal-blue eyes had a small glistering in them ever since they were locked in their hug together.

"What happened?" Mr Davenport asked, annoyed by the dramatic reaction of the teens.

"I guess a mix of gravity and middle-age," Kaz suggested. He had trouble looking away from the ever-changing body of Mr Davenport. Then again, Kaz always had a weird fascination of anything out of the ordinary.

"I meant to that," Mr Davenport retorted and pointed to the umbrella stand in the corner.

"Uh, well-" Kaz began. "Oliver and Chase were talking about science. I got bored. I yawned. Something flew out of my mouth and voila, I set the umbrella stand on fire." Again, Kaz was never great at explaining something, except for when he used very small sentences to make everything clear.