chapter three

9:30

Ugh, Effie, the snotty brat who has had everything given to her, I bet she has had everything handed to her for Free. It irks me, but. Effie, she is sitting on the bench looking out into the capitol with a dirty cloth on left her hand wiping away what it seems to be the excess makeup away from her face...spoiled brat. Effie is not wearing her usual elaborate wigs or clothing. She has strawberry blonde hair, It sort of looks like the sugared peaches I've seen in the Maysliee family's sweet shop back 12. Her hair is very wavy and short in length. I should try doing this being a polite thing, so I get a little closer so that I don't scare the heck out of her, say "hey Effie..." and sit on the bench awkwardly.

Effie screams and jumps off of the bench "oh my goodness. Haymitch, what are you doing here?... Oh my goodness my face," I replied, laughing. "Don't worry, Effie... we're what was the weird word Maysilee used.. oh right family.. remember?" She sits on the bench while I continue to laugh, "oh yes, Haymitch family, like you would consider me family," she sarcastically replies to me. She's funny but mysterious... there's more to tell of her. But I reply "yeah were not there yet. But I should be nice to you since you are in charge of my looks and I heard that the sponsors care about that stuff so to be nice I guess I'll say your hair is very pretty, and you look very uh 'fetching' without your elaborate makeup if I might add... BUT dont get me wrong you do look pretty with your elaborate makeup. Does that make sense?" She smiles and looks down at the cloth in her hand, and she says, "fetching?" And we both laugh hysterically, but Effie adds, "its fine haymitch dont worry... I guess I could say something nice about you but I would have to see something nice happen first but anyways thank you...you did attack me last night,"... I say, "i attacked you verbally not phsycally" she replies, "you attacked me and I demand an apology" I reply "heck no. it's true your a freaking princess who's privileged for doing nothing" Effie stands up, walking dramatically around the roof. She says, "did you just say I am privilged" I reply, "well sweetie you are from a district and now suddenly your capitol?" She replies "thats just being stupid" I reply "thats just using the common sense that I have so admit your pievaled" she says "i'll admit it if you aplogieze" I reply "fine I wont apogize" Effie sits back down, and she says "fine. New subject" I take a breath and say, "well, what are you doing out here? It's cold.. and its only July...gosh." Effie replies, "well I like looking at my home" I reply, "district 2 is probably really pretty" she gives me a look. She says, "looking out here reminds me of the days me and my cousins would play on the roof tops catch. How we would throw the ball into the forcefield and it would bounce back," I reply instantly "forcefield?"... Effie stands up and throws her cloth off of the roof, and it bounces right back to her hand almost immediately. And I say "wait... are all the buildings like that?" Effie says "that I know of."

I got thinking maybe the game makers will use something like that in the games, but instead of turning this conversation into a talk about death, I say abruptly, "why were you crying? Yesterday I mean, you told me, but anything else" Effie Breaths heavily looking out into the capitol "well a matter of fact, Heather Rae had told me right before to put this type of makeup on. Eyebrow gel on I told you to remember the bleach, well it was this chemical called chlorine and... it started to burn very badly. I had to contain it to make Heather look good in the presence of Jasyn and Karma..the gel and cream were infused with the chlorine, which I thought was bleach because I have done it before. Making my skin paler and my hair blonder and whiter." She adds, "I like the look it happened to catch me off guard. Usually, I would take the gel before I went to sleep so I wouldn't deal with the pain, but" How can they do that do her? How can her boss possibly allow this to happen? I reply "you bleached your skin without knowing..well you knew it was just more intense" Effie responds looking out into the capitol "yes. But enough about me, I also had a lovely time with you guys yesterday night, then I started to think more about you leaving me. Well, the crew like that is a possibility. None of you all is making it. It just frightened me. And my face was burning, so that added the heat to the fire," I reply, "why aren't you Sweet! Miss Effie," I add, "well that's true, but I don't think that talking about death in my situation is the best subject" I saw looking at her while she makes eye contact with me, and we have a moment. Effie replies "ah yes go" standing up she says "I don't mean to be abrupt but, why are you here?' I reply, "same as you, just some thinking time, and alone time, Ajax snores.. and I couldn't go to sleep this early even if I tried," I say, and she replies, "he does? Well, ah, okay, okay, so tell me about yourself and about the crew I should know," I respond "well, I grew up in district 12; my mother's name is Lavender. My bothers name is Louren and my sister's name Dahlias... I like reading when I can't stand cheese... and water isn't wet" Effie says, "that's interesting, well tell me about Fauna Maysilee and Ajax" I reply, "well, Ajax is bipolar most of the time.. he usually can't discern between his two personalities, I'll let you figure out those yourself... Maysilee is my sister's Bestfriend, and she's kind.