chapter ten

BOOM

Lukah? .... Lukah Norme?

Questions upon questions wrap around my head. Was it not Lukah, the kid who helped me in training?. Of course, I hardly knew him, but this death stokes me by surprise. Of course, death is always a surprise, but this was truly random.

His body hanged like mistletoe over us, his long dangling legs swing backward and forward upon our bodies. My eyes widen more and more at the sight of a hanged human. Penelope, Penelope is still dead asleep... shes. Going. To. Freak. her hand moves a bit, and she stretches her arms and says, "Haymitch?..." Her eyes closed as she continues, "Haymitch, did you call me?"

Penelope scratches her curly hair and rubs her eyes; then, her head tilts upwards. An enormous gasp comes out of her mouth. Penelope's eyes filled with guilt and maybe, well, hate. Her eyes do the same thing as me, and her nose turns as red as Faunas did. The wind breezes, and his body moves over Penelope's legs. Penelope confused, frightened and furious. She looks up at his body as it swings over her, and I can see her eyes being filled with confusion.

Here it comes.

Penelope turns to me and says, "you," I reply, "synanoum for me," she says, staring out of the cave, "you, you killed Lukah" what is she thinking? Nobody killed him. I reply, "the nose killed Lukah," she says back as her voice grows in volume "you killed Lukah! You killed him" her eyes lock with mine in a way she has never done before. Sweat drips down my head. I didn't kill him. It was her nose set up that killed him, not mines. She says, "you, haymitch. You killed Lukah," I reply, trying to ease her down.

"Penelope, your overreacting just a bit," she replies "a friend of mine died, you call this overreacting," I answer, instantly defending myself, "well yes Penelope I do because you are blame me for a death that was on your side" her eyes lose control and move side to side almost as if they were shaking like what my hand continually does. I say, "penelope calm down it was just a death, theres less then twenty, some of us have to die," she replies, "not like that haymitch! HE WAS MY FRIEND," I reply. "Sure he was your friend, where was he when you were cold in the snow, where was the great Lukah when you had nobody to talk to in the interviews where was Lukah? Maybe that should become our new slogan, where was Lukas. I bet it would be all the rage in the capitol" her body towers over mine as she stands up, "so you can mock somebody after they died, lets see if you want to play that game. What happened to Fauna... I never recalled you dwelling on her and telling her your problems?" I reply "now your actually overreacting and assuming because you didn't know fauna" her eyes become dangerously black. Her pupils become smaller by sight, she says, "well gues what" she pulls out a knife I never noticed she carried in her pocket, she screams "YOU KILLED LUKAH NOW I KILL YOU"... "DO US ALL A BIG FAVOR HERE" she reaches to the back of her. Pocket and attempts to bring it close to me, but Penelope frankly doesn't know what she is saying and tries to intimidate me. She couldn't kill me. She's too different, not an actual reason.

I grab her forearm, twist into her back, and lean her body in front of mine. She screams at the Pain from her arm, tears run down her cheek, and I say to her, "well well well isn't this a pretty picture." I stop for a second. Tears run down her eyes as I point her body direct to Lukas purposely. I can't kill Penelope. My only option is to knock her out, maybe for a while, so that I can leave. Penelope has the idea that she can kill me and will find any excuse from now till the end to do so. I can't let her. Tears flood through her cheeks, and her body shakes. I turn her around, and she grabs my forearms and tuns to pull me down for some reason. Penelope has no muscle and is half my size. She is doing it from anger. She scratches my forearms with her long fingernails, and she screams at me, cursing at me, but I have no voice but to zone her out. I am left with Penelope screaming in the background, but I think of doing something controversial to the capital and that they will hate, and my family will be ashamed of.