chapter five

5:30 am

Effie walks in without saying a word. She smiles at me as she walks quietly to the living room area and sits down, and looks at me for a couple of seconds while I manage to attempt to lift myself. I cry for help, but she doesn't move, or even flinch...this is weird of her. She is just looking at me as if I were a painting. She just sits there and stares at me.

I can still feel the electricity of the taser run down my back. My hand buzzes around like a fan, and I look at Effie. Maybe she could help me, but all she does is give me a stare.

Effie looks down at me and says, "I'm so sorry, the peacekeepers mentioned after President Snow left that" her voice breaks up, and she continues, "we couldn't help you recuporate or anything for that matter" I lift my face up a bit and say, "and you listened" she talks all this crap about her caring so much for me, she can't even bring me water. Effie replies, "Haymitch you know, if I help you I could be put in the games after they kill you and We don't want that," she says in a whisper. We don't want that, since when did we become a We? I hardly know this girl. I replied harshly, "oh so, we. And when did me lying on the ground suddenly become about you, all you have to do is stay away from me." Effie says, "well Haymitch before I take care of anybody I am still a minor and I still have aspirations in life and I do not intend to waste my dreams on helping you interrogate yourself. You Brough this upon yourself. Haymitch. It is not your job to start a revolution...why don't you focus on winning the hunger games rather that driving President Snow crazy. maybe in time past you will find somebody to do that. But haymitch it is not the year and you are not the person" I give Effie a mean look, but she's right... it is not my job to do this... never has been. I don't know why I am listening to her, but she is right. This job will never be mine. All I can do is stay alive. Maybe.

Effie leaves the room... she stops and looks back at me and licking her lips, and She is making a sad look... Effie truly feels sorry.. inside. I still mad at her, I Don't care for starting a revolution, but these things should be addressed, or even need to be addressed.

I manage to stand up, but I am still dizzy more of a high feeling.. my eyes feel like they are out of my skull, and my brain is mush. The capitol probably intends to make me a mutt, but they can't because I am a tribute... if I live, they will do something of the sorts to me... I can just see it. My hand is constantly twitching, creating a fan sort of effect. I stand a bit leaning on the walls as I try to make out where the door to my room is. Several times I accidentally walk into the other rooms, but I can't even make out the words "i'm sorry" because of the drama that has been caused in the last 24 hours. If Dahlia was here, she would probably say I had a mild concussion or something. Feels like something worse.

... I manage to find my room, and I go to the bathroom. I slam the door open, waking Ajax up, but I shut the door and take a hot shower with the lights all turned off, washing the blood off of my skin. I look at the full-length mirror once I am out of the shower and realize that My veins are still pronounced and purple, and my eyes are watery and red. My fingers are swollen, and my whole body feels numb and stiff at the same time. My shower was hot and soothing. Since I will be the one taking care of myself, I laid out an aroma bath filled with old leaves my grandmother would use to heal me when I was sick or wounded... she would do the same to all the kids in the district. It was an old family recipe that only she knew, Maysilee and Fauna have been in the bath a couple of times, and it truly works. An hour or two past, and I am not allowed to have breakfast with the others. I open my cabinet next to my bed. It has a small 2oz liquor bottle and a scone, with a note.

"To Haymitch,

From: Effie

Note: Sorry for this morning. Stay safe, Haymitch."