Chapter 2: The yule ball

When we arrived we all got to the Great Hall and sat down.

Suddenly Draco sat next to me and asked 'how was your holiday y/n?'

'Why do you care, Malfoy?' I said.

Now you're probably wondering why Draco sat next to me as he hates everyone thats's not in slytherin.

It's because I am in slytherin....

When the sorting hat decided to put me into slytherin and not Gryffindor Harry was quite mad but he knew that it wasn't my fault.

'It's not that I care, I was just wondering. Have you heard the news yet?' He said.

'No? What's wrong?' I asked worried.

'Well, I'm a prefect now so if I were you, I would be nice to me.' he said with a smirk on his face.

'Hmm, and if I'm not nice to you, what you're gonna do about it?' I asked.

'You'll see.' he said.

We continued eating and soon Dumbledore announced that he wanted to say something.

Dumbledore: 'welcome to a new year on Hogwarts! I hope that you are as excited as I am. As you all know, last years Yule ball was great so we wanted to have another ball this year. (Everyone cheers) it will be a Christmas ball. Good luck this year everyone.'

'Great, another ball I won't attempt.' I whispered to myself.

'What do you mean pottah? You didn't went to the Yule ball last year?' Draco asked.

'That's none of your business, Malfoy.' I said a bit annoyed.

I got up and went to my dorm.

When I got there I noticed that I was gonna share a room with Pansy Parkinson and Millicent Bulstrode.

God, i hate Pansy.

I had to be nice to them tho so when they came in the dorm I said ' hi girls, we are sharing a dorm! How fun!'

'Ohh nice, we'll have a lot of fun together.' Millicent said.

'Whatever.' Pansy said.

I unpacked all my stuff and when to look for Ron, Harry and Hermione.

When I finally found them I said 'hi guys, guess who my roommates are.'

'Hmm, you don't seem to be very happy about it.... is it Pansy again?' Harry asked.

'Yup' I said 'but I'm also sharing with Millicent, she's quite nice I think.'

'Well, lets go to Hagrid for a bit' Ron said.

'Great idea Ron' Hermione said 'but we do have to be back in time for dinner.'

On our way to Hagrid's we saw Ginny.

'Omg, hi guys! Are you exited for the ball?!' She asked.

'Ginny, that's in like 3 months or so.' Hermione said.

'But still, I can't wait! You are coming this year right y/n?' Ginny asked.

'I don't know yet...' I said.

'You have to come y/n, last year it was pretty boring without you.' Ron said.

'Thanks Ron but I'm not sure if I want to come when I don't have a date.' I said.

'It will be okay y/n you will find someone, I'm sure.' Harry said.

'Wait, why didn't you had a date last year?' Ginny asked confused.

'Cause no one asked me.' I answered.

'Wait, huh so many boys wanted to go with you but they couldn't ask you.' Hermione said.

'Wait, what?' I asked.

'Yeah, someone told all the boys that they could not ask you to the ball, I heard someone said it at the Gryffindor table just like 20 minutes ago. So many people at only the Gryffindor table wanted to ask you.' Ron said.

'Thats weird, why would anyone say that?' I asked.

'Probably because someone wanted to ask you and only you....' Harry said while he realised who it could be.

'Well, who wasn't at the Yule ball then.' I asked.

'Ehhm I can't remember seeing Draco there.....' Ginny said.

'No it can't be, why would he do that and why would he wanted to go with y/n? No offence y/n but it's just he hates Harry yk' Ron said.

'Or he wanted to tease me or he likes y/n but then why didn't he ask her.' Harry said.

'Maybe he was afraid that I would say no to him?' I said.

'Probably, now let's go to Hagrid, we'll talk about this later.' Hermione said.

'Ginny, are you coming with us?' I asked.

'Yeah sure' Ginny said and we went to Hagrid.