Chapter 8: The date

The next morning I woke up next to Cedric. I was still laying in his arms so I tried to carefully get out of bed so I didn't wake him but I did.

'Good morning princess, how did you sleep?' Cedric asked with his low morning voice.

'I slept great! And you?' I asked.

'I slept very well too, meet me at after breakfast at the lake.' He said.

He winked at me, got his clothes and went to the bathroom.

I quickly ran back to my dorm because I saw that it was already 8:30 which meant that breakfast would close soon.

I quickly got my clothes and went to the bathroom.

When I was ready I rushed to the Great Hall where I saw Cedric already sitting at the table.

I smiled at him and sat down next to Harry.

'Hi guys, long time no see.' I said.

'Indeed, by the way where we're you last night y/n? You bed was empty in the morning.' Hermione said.

'Oh nowhere.' I said.

'Anyways, the holiday is longer! Dumbledore said that he thought that we deserved more time off so it will begin in 2 weeks!' Ginny practically yelled.

'That's so chill.' I said.

'Don't you understand? The ball will be in two weeks too! We need to go shopping!' Ginny said.

'I'd like that. Do you guys already have a date or not.' I asked.

'Well, there is this one girl I want to ask but I don't know if she would say yes.' Harry said.

'Okay, we'll I'm sure you'll work it out Harry.' I said and I winked at Ginny.

'I don't have a date yet.' Hermione said.

'Me neither.' Ron said.

'Well, I really have to go now, bye guys.' I said.

'Bye'

I ran to the lake and when I got there Cedric was already waiting there for me.

'Hey babe.' He said.

'Hey, what are we going to do?' I asked.

'Well, I though that it would be fun to go for a walk.' He said.

'I love it! Let's go!' I said.

We talked a lot and I really liked spending time with Cedric.

After some time we discussed the Christmas ball.

'I know the ball is in 2 weeks so I was wondering if you would like to go with me. So y/n potter, would you like to go to the ball with me?' He said.

'Yes, yes, yes and again yes!' I screamed and I hugged him.

We walked back hand in hand and went to study together in the library.

At dinner, I wanted to tell my friends that I would go to the ball with Cedric.

'So, as you all know the ball is in 2 weeks time.' I said mysteriously.

'We know, but what do you mean y/n?' Hermione asked impatiently.

'Well, I have a date now🙃.' I said.

'Are you going with Cedric?' Harry asked.

'No, don't be mad but I'm going with Draco....' I whispered so only they could hear me.

'With HIM?! Are you mental?!' Ron screamed.

'Y/n! Why?!' Ginny asked.

'Y/n, you know I don't like him....' Harry said.

'Are you serious?!' Hermione asked.

'Guys calm down! I'm going with Cedric. You should have seen your faces🤣.' I laughed.

'Not funny.' Ron said.

'Agreed.' Harry said.

'Sooooo.' Ginny said 'Are we going to look for some pretty dresses next week?'

'Of course!' I screamed.

'Deal.' Hermione said.

After dinner I went to my room but I asked Harry to come with me because I had to ask him something.

When we got to his dorm I closed the door.

'Harry, who are you going to the ball with?' I asked.

'No one, really.' He said.

'Just ask Ginny already before someone else does! She wants to go with you as well.' I said.

'Okay okay, I will go back and ask her. Thank you y/n.' He said.

Harry hugged me and left.

Because I was pretty tired I decided to go to sleep.

*one week later

Today Ginny, Hermione and I were going to look for a dress to wear to the ball.

Ginny was going with Harry, Hermione with Ron and I was going with Cedric of course.

I was so excited that I ran into the store and bumped into someone.

'Sorry!' I said.

'No problem!'

Ginny, Hermione and I went to the racks where the dresses were hanging.

I saw a beautiful dark green dress and decided to try it on.

(You may choose which one of the two you want to wear, or just imagine a dress you like :), I can't choose😂)

'Omg! Y/n you look beautiful!' Hermione said.

'Hermione look at you! You're so pretty!' I said.

'This is the one!' I said.

'Same for me!' Hermione said. She was wearing a red dress.

Ginny came out of the fitting room in a beautiful blue dress.

'I think this is the one for me.' she said.

'Omg! You look stunning Ginny!' I said.

'Thanks!' She said.

We payed for our dresses and went back to Hogwarts.