Chapter 1: The Volleyball Club

Tony felt the cold Tokyo breeze smash against his face as he rode his motorcycle into the school parking lot. The boy sighed as he quickly parked it and hung his helmet on the side of his bike.

He felt his white and red hair fall into his face as he pulled his backpack from a saddlebag on the bike along with his oversized sunglasses.

He sighed as he pulled the backpack onto his back and his sunglasses on to cover the burn on the left side of his face. While it had mostly healed, there was still a visible mark, the doctors told him that he'd have it forever so he'd just need to get used to it.

Tony walked into the school's main office, into his new world for the last year of his high school career.

—————————-

Tony looked down at the paper sitting in front of him while he waited for his guide to greet him. The front office gave him a list of clubs and extracurricular activities. The boy scanned the paper as his eyes locked onto one club.

The Volleyball Club

Tony felt his breath hitch as he looked at the words and memories flashed through his head, the pain of them coming along with it.

"Hey! You Tony?" A loud voice smashed him out of his thoughts. The two toned boy looked up to see a boy with a shaved head and a wide smile.

Tony smiled at him as he saw the boy's eyes travel to his burn before returning to his eyes.

"Yeah, that's me," Tony said causing the boy to chuckle and stick his hand out.

"The names Tanaka! A pleasure to meet you, Two-Toned!" Tanaka said as Tony grabbed the boy's hand before looking down at the paper in his hand.

"Oh, clubs huh? You got your eyes on any?!" Tanaka asked as he snatched the paper up and looked to the same words that Tony had been looking at.

"Uhm no not really, I used to play volleyball but I ha-" Tony was saying before Tanaka cut him off with wide eyes and a loud voice.

"You played volleyball brochacho!?! Oh, you should come by after school and check out our team! We're practicing!" Tanaka yelled with a large chuckle causing Tony to shake his head.

"No thank you, I didn't leave the game on good terms," Tony mumbled out causing Tanaka to let out a huff.

"I'm not asking you to join! I'm just saying you should check it out! I'm sure the team would love to meet an American!" Tanaka said,l causing Tony to shrug.

"I guess I can come by, I'm not going to join though... I can't." Tony said causing Tanaka to nod and roll his shoulders.

"Alright, let's get you to the classes shall we?" Tanaka said causing the boy to nod and stand from the chair he had been sitting in and followed the boy to his first-class

--------------------------------------------

Tony stuffed his hands in his bomber jacket pockets as he heard the familiar sound of a volleyball smacking against a hardwood gym floor. He stood in front of the gym for a few seconds before he heard rapid footsteps come from behind him.

"Well I'll be damned, I didn't expect to actually see you here two-toned! You gonna stand there all day or are you gonna go on in?" Tanaka asked causing the boy to sigh and nod, walking into the gym as memories came flooding back as he pictured the last ball he ever hit smash against the net.

"Hey, Tanaka! Who's this?" A strong voice asked as a man jogged over to the two boys who had been standing in the doorway. Tony looked over at a boy who had short black hair and a small friendly smile on his face.