Chapter 19: Unlikely Date

It had been a few days since the fight that the two volleyball players had, Tony had stayed home the day after the fight but went back to school the next day. He didn't attend a practice or stay after school. While he still ate lunch with Tanaka and Noya, he avoided the other players like the plague. While he absolutely loved each one of them, he didn't want to cause any problems in the group.

The boy walked out of his last class as he rolled his neck on his shoulders, ready to go home and take a nap. He walked through the now empty halls as his phone began to ring, echoing through the school. Tony fished his phone from his pocket, seeing that it was Ukai who was calling.

"Hello?" Tony asked, placing the phone to his ear. The boy was curious as to why the man was calling him when he was in the gym a little bit away.

"Hey, Kid... Could you come to the gym real quick? I have something for you." Ukai said causing Tony's heart to drop. If the boy was going to the gym, he would see most of the people he avoided. The boy ran a hand over his face as he sighed, looking for ways out of the situation.

"Could you just give it to me at home? I'm already halfway home..." Tony was saying before a stern voice stopped him. Tony sighed, already knowing that the coach of Karasu no had already planned for this.

"Nice try... I swear to god if I need to drag you to that gym I will, Two-Toned!" Tanaka's voice boomed from behind him. The boy threw his arm around the boy's shoulders and gave him a wide smile.

"I'll see you in a few..." Tony sighed through the phone before hanging up, looking to his best friend with pleading eyes. Tony really didn't want to face the people he'd been avoiding for the past three days.

"Not gonna work, Tone. They were gonna send Daichi after you but I figured I'd delay the inevitable lecture." Tanaka teased his best friend causing him to roll his eyes. The boys made their way towards the gym. Muffled sounds of volleyballs smacking against the ground echoed through the gym and out of the open door.

Tanaka stopped just short of entering the gym, looking to his best friend. He could nearly feel the anxiety radiating from his body, it honestly blew Tanaka's mind the difference in personalities when it came to Suga. When it came to everything else, especially volleyball, Tony was confident, he was almost like a superhero. The boy knew how to carry himself as if he didn't have a fear in the world. But with Koshi Sugawara, it was like the boy was terrified to do anything or say anything that would upset the boy.

"Don't worry. Everyone agrees Suga is being dumb... We're not going to let him hurt you." Tanaka said causing Tony to nod and walk into the gym, looking around for the coach. Surprisingly there were two notable people missing from the practice court.

"Come on, I'll be extra careful!" A high-pitched voice said causing a small smile to rise to his face. Even with his anxiety at a high level, the voice of the energetic middle blocker always seemed to cheer the boy up.

"Fine, Ginger. Just don't tackle him." Ukai said before Tony turned around, hearing quick footsteps running towards him. Tony whipped his body around and opened his arms just in time to catch the flying tangerine.

"Hey, there my little ace is!" Tony chuckled as he hugged the boy, happy to see that he wasn't mad at him.

"TONY! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" Hinata shouted into the taller boy's chest causing him to slightly chuckle before putting him down. Hinata looked up at the two-toned boy with a confused look on his face causing Tony to pat the boy's head, giving him an apologetic smile.

"Just trying to heal up so I can play with you guys faster..." Tony said causing Hinata to nod wildly and look back to the setter standing on the court. While he was happy to see Tony okay, he didn't stop practicing, he couldn't if he wanted to beat Oikawa.