Chapter 17: New Home

Tony sighed as rose from the hospital bed, the alarm screaming at him from the side of his bed. As if right on time, there was a light knock on the hospital room door. Ukai walked in, giving the boy a small smile as he placed a coffee for him down on the side table.

"Where's Sugawara?" Ukai asked curiously, remembering that he was staying the night last night. Tony tiredly rubbed his eyes, grabbing the coffee and taking a sip. Tony shrugged before responding, honestly not knowing where he was.

"He left last night, something with Nyco," Tony said causing Ukai to roll his eyes and give the boy a disappointed smile. Ukai hated to see the unrequited love that the boy had been going through.

"I'm sorry, Kiddo," Ukai said causing Tony to shrug and look at his packed bags. While he was excited to get out of the hospital, he was still uncertain of what he would do. He still needed to go to his old home and get his bike along with other stuff.

"You ready to go?" Ukai asked causing Tony to nod, getting out of the bed and walking over to the bags. Ukai quickly swooped in front of him, grabbing most of the bags from the floor. The man turned to the boy with a slight smirk.

"You really think I'm gonna let you carry your stuff when you're a cripple?" Ukai teased causing Tony to roll his eyes and punch the man in the arm. Ukai chuckled as he picked up the rest of the bags and let Tony open the door. The boy pushed the door open, being greeted by a smiling nurse with a slightly sad smile on her face.

"Oh, Yui..." Tony said, Ukai smiling at the two before going to go put the bags in the car. Tony looked to the girl across from him as she took a few steps forward towards the boy and wrapped her arms around his waist carefully, Tony quickly returning the hug.

"Thank you for everything, Yui... This better not be the last time I see you." Tony said causing Yui to pull away and smile widely before giving the boy a thumbs up.

"Of course we'll see each other again, considering how injury-prone you are!" Yui joked causing Tony to roll his eyes and fake a laugh.

"Be good, don't try to play for at least another two weeks..." Yui said as she began to get called from down the hall to another room. Tony smiled at the girl before tilting his head towards the calls.

"Go do your job, Yui... I'll see you around."

-------------------------------

Tony grunted as Ukai helped him get out of his car. While his ribs didn't hurt nearly as bad as they had a week ago, they still hurt every time he had to sit up or stand from a sitting position. Ukai gave him a smile as he looked up to the small house, it had belonged to his mother but she moved and let Ukai stay there. Tony had a slight smile on his face as he looked to the house.

"It's a little small, but I think you'll like it..." Ukai said causing Tony to smile wider, nodding his head. In all honesty, it didn't matter how big or small the house was, as long as he was living with someone who cared about him and of course, he was.

"It's perfect, Thank you," Tony said causing Ukai to slightly scoff as he placed a cigarette in his mouth, about to light it as Tony quickly snatched it from his mouth and tossed it to the side. Ukai gave him a glare before Tony looked at him, a slight smirk on his face.

"Those things will kill ya, old man," Tony said earning a light slap in the back of his head as the two began to laugh. Ukai led the boy into the house as he placed a few of the bags onto the ground by the door. There was a decently sized living room, a kitchen connected to it.

"Come on, I'll show you your room. I had some of the guys help me uh, decorate it." Ukai said causing Tony to slightly nod, following the boy up the stairs towards the room. Ukai walked into a decently sized room, a large bed sitting in the corner. There was a desk with a laptop on it alongside a TV mounted on the wall. Ukai looked nervously at the boy, trying to gauge his reaction. Tony stood still for a few seconds, seemingly trying to get a scope before turning to Ukai a frown on his face.