Chapter 15: Visits

Tony's eyes locked on the duos figures, the bald boy carrying a big teddy bear. Daichi had been holding a bag of chocolates along with a gallon of water.

Tanaka put the bear down before seemingly looking everywhere in the room except at his friend who was laying in the bed.

"Hey guys!" Tony said, a wide smile on his face. Daichi made his way over to the boy who sat up in the bed, successfully hiding the pain from his ribs.

"Hey, Tone... how're you feeling?" Daichi asked, wrapping his arm around the sitting boys shoulders and pulling him into a side hug before placing the water and chocolates on the table.

"I'm alright, feeling better than yesterday... They say I should be all healed up in a few weeks." Tony said causing Daichi to smile and pat his head.

"That's good! I'm just glad you're okay, you had us all worried ya know?" Daichi asked causing Tony to nod slightly, looking to the short-haired boy.

"You know what, I think I left something in the car, I'll be right back," Daichi said, giving the hospitalized boy a look before looking to Tanaka. Tony nodded causing Daichi to leave and pay the boy on the back on his way out.

The two best friends sat in silence before Tony decided he would be the one to break it.

"Tan-" Tony started before the shorthaired boy cut him off, his eyes finally landing on the boy, seeing his injuries. The boy looked more tired than Tony had ever seen him, it was like he hadn't gotten any sleep the past few days.

"I'm sorry! I should've walked you home last night!" Tanaka shouted at the boy, keeping his arms at his sides. Tony rolled his eyes at the boy before looking to his best friend.

"Tanaka, it wasn't anyone's fault okay? It happened and now all we can do is get passed it." Tony said, a small, reassuring smile on his face causing Tanaka's bottom lip to quiver and for him to nod, giving a grunt as he bent down.

"Now come here." Tony said, throwing his legs over the bed and reaching his hand out. Tanaka hesitantly sulked over to the boy before Tony reached up to the back of his head and pulled his best friend into a hug, feeling the comfort of being around each other like only best friends felt.

——————
It had been a few hours since Tanaka and Tony had reunited, and once again it had just been Tony in the room. He sat on his laptop as he watched the anime that he had been meaning to watch.

Suddenly he heard bickering outside of his door, two familiar voices mumbling to each other.

"No! I get to go in first! You don't even like Tony!" The higher pitched boy yelled before he grunted.

"Yes I do, idiot! He's an insanely talented volleyball player!" The deeper voice yelled before the door busted open, Kageyama and Hinata falling through the door and onto the hospital floor.

"Oh now look what you did, Dumbass!" Kageyama yelled, seemingly oblivious to where he was. Hinata went to yell back before realizing they were both in his room.

The orange haired boy looked up to see the boy in the hospital bed, his eyes going wide as he shot up from his spot on the ground and ran towards Tony.

The boy quickly yet, carefully wrapped his arms around the boy and pushed his head into his chest.

"Hey, kiddo... Kageyama." Tony said, greeting the two with a smile. Hinata smiled as he pulled away from the boy before looking over his injuries, spotting his fractured hand.

"Tony! Your hand! How are you supposed to play volleyball now? Does it hurt? Is it broken?" Hinata began to ramble, his eyes locking onto the casted hand

"It doesn't hurt and no, it's not. It's fractured, they said it'll take like three weeks to heal it fully..." Tony said causing Hinata to nod quickly before his eyes widened, realizing what that meant. The boy looked up to Tony who was smiling sadly at the boy, also knowing what it meant.

"But that means... you won't be able to play with us during the interhigh prelims!" Hinata said chasing Tony to sigh and pat the boys head.

"That's true, but there is good news..." Tony said, looking up to the other boy in the room.

"If you guys can win, I can go to nationals with you... if you let me." Tony said causing Kageyama to give the boy a short nod and Hinata to give the boy a determined look.

"We'll win! We will so you can play with us once again!" Hinata yelled causing Tony to nod and smile, trusting in the two, in the third years who refused to give up, in the insanely talented second years, and in the four first-years who had the will to win.

——————————
Days Later
——————————

"I still don't get why you're so into that..." Ukai mumbled causing Tony to roll his eyes before they were fixed back onto the laptop screen, his eyes locked onto the video game he was playing.

"Wait... Why are you following me? Oh SHI-" Tony yelled as he was killed in the game, the blue spaceman stabbing the boy before he hopped into the vent.

"Tony! Language!" Ukai grumbled out causing Tony to chuckle before going to finish the tasks in the game. A knock snapped the boy out of his concentration in the game.

Tony looked up from his laptop finding the three other third years, all with various gifts in their hands. Ukai rolled his eyes at the sight, the hospital room already filling with stuffed animals and candy.

"Jeez guys, you're gonna spoil the poor kid." Ukai said, his eyes returning to the weekly Shonen Jump in his lap.

The three boys made their way into the room, waving and smiling at Ukai who nodded at them.

Asahi was the first one to walk up to the boy, holding a volleyball and a shoebox. The tall ace of Karasuno gave the boy a smile as he placed the gifts on the bed before sticking his fist out.

Tony chuckled as he fist bumped the tall boy before he sat down in one of the chairs that Yui had brought in due to the influx in visitors Tony had been getting.

"So, how're you feeling? Sorry I haven't come visit yet I've be-" Asahi was setting before Tony shook his head.

"Don't apologize, Manbun. I wasn't going anywhere." Tony chuckled causing Asahi's nerves to settle.

"So, we heard from Hinata and Kageyama that you plan on going to nationals with us." Daichi said, a smile on his face. Ukai looked up with a quirked eyebrow, this being the first time hearing about that.

"Well, I know it's bad timing and it's a lot to ask... but if you'll have me. I want to be apart of the team! I want to be a crow!" Tony yelled causing Ukai to smile wildly, happy to see the boy wanting to join.

"Of course we'll have you!" Suga shouted, speaking for the first time since he worked into the hospital.

————————

Sorry for the kinda boring and short chapter!! I'm trying to write a few chapters and have them ready to be published over the next while!! Thanks so much ❤️❤️