Chapter 8

WARNING!
SUICIDE SCENE AHEAD. IF YOU'LL BE TRIGGERED PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MENTAL HEALTH AND SKIP
❤️❤️❤️

Now facing up, more tears were rolling down Damola's face soaking her bedsheet as the events of that fateful day began replaying all over again....

It was on a Thursday. Her mum had gone out to return in the evening.

Damola after struggling to keep a happy face for her mum, crying herself to sleep, having no appetite, detesting her body stature, discovering masturbation to porn had become tired and numb.

The thought had come the previous night but she wasn't sure if she could follow through with it but she would check. She remembered a movie where they mentioned slashing wrists.

She thought of her parents but she knew they wouldn't be proud of who she was too.

She got up and walked to her mother's dressing mirror in her room looking for the blade. She found it.

When she returned to her room, she sat in front of her full length mirror and closed her eyes tight strengthening her muscles, readying her mind to feel pain.

Then she did it.

She didn't open her eyes to look at the blood. She just wanted her imaginations to be the last thing she saw.

She saw her dad's serious yet kind face and her mum's look of admiration. She saw Nike cracking jokes with her. She saw Taj's beautiful face too. His face was close to hers, eyes filled with love; when he loved her.

It wasn't his fault or Nike's fault. It was nobody's, it was all hers.

In what seemed to be her last moments of consciousness, Damola heard her mum's voice before everything turned black...