Chapter 14

The day had been very eventful. Damola, Chika and Chichi decorated the empty tin while Chika taught them some dance moves. Chika knew some good afro beat songs and Damola decided that she would download them.

It was evening and Damola was exhausted. She had just gotten out of the bathroom and was snuggled up in her bed. She texted Nkem to see if she was free to talk and she was,
"Nk how far?"

"I'm good. I just returned from the grocery store. You? "

" I just finished decorating an empty tin with Chichi and her sister, Chika"

Nkem laughed, "That's cute"

Damola rolled her eyes.

"Are you ready now?"

"Ready for what?"

"The 'story'" Nk replied, doing air quotes with one hand

" Ohh that." Damola remembered how therapeutic it was and how she didn't need to be scared anymore. She went ahead and narrated the whole thing, from what happened to how she felt during and after everything.

"Wow, that's a lot"

"I know"

"You don't look it though. You seem happy to me"

Damola smiled, "Really? I had to Google my way out of it"

"Are you serious? And you're sure you're better?"

" Yes. I'll forward the link to you"

" Okay. It's good you're better now. Just continue to have fun and know that we love you. Those peole don't know you like we do. Yes, you may be arrogant sometimes..." Damola rolled her eyes again, "But, we love you, I love you"

"I love me too"

Nkem rolled her eyes this time, " Oh God"

Damola laughed, "I'm joking!"

They talked a bit more before ending the conversation to return to their normal lives.

Staring at her ceiling, Damola realized that she was genuinely happy. She had laughed from the bottom of her heart, danced and didn't care, sang with everything within her and most of all, enjoyed the company of people she never thought she would enjoy.

She knew this happy feeling was temporary, but she had been practicing staying in the present. She would look for a way to tackle other emotions when they came in the future. Right then, she was happy and she would bask in it.

Out of tiredness, she was asleep in minutes.