The Pain

Pity is the only thing I could see in her eyes,Alice stood in the doorway nervously as Rosalie held my hair back

    I was currently barfing whatever I had for breakfast this morning,Tears pouring down my face caused by the painful choking and burning I was experiencing.

"It's alright bunny,just let it all out." Rose cooed as she placed one of her perfectly cold hands on my burning forehead.

"It hurts so much.." I cried,Alice clenched her fists so tight they almost cracked. "Carlisle is on his way honey,You're gonna be alright." She informed,her voice light and comforting.

Now whether it was to help me or her was unknown,"You need to breathe sweetheart,This can't be good for the baby." She pleaded.

Ah that's right,I'm pregnant...

     That was really the reason I was practically cuddled with the toilet,I had caught who I thought was my future husband,the father of my unborn child, fucking another woman in OUR bed.

    I was in such a state of shock that I barely remembered the drive to the Cullens house,my home away from home.

      "He isn't worth your tears bunny,He doesn't deserve someone as perfect and kindhearted as you." Rosalie said brushing her fingers through my hair.

    It was hard for her to contain the pure fury she felt right now,but she knew I needed her and that was all that mattered at the moment.

     "I gave him everything..My entire future...And he threw it all away because I wasn't 'Fun' anymore..." Tears violently fell as I turned so that I was leaning back against the bathtub,Facing the two pale women.

     "I've been so focused on the baby..maybe I was pushing him away too much? Maybe if I-" Alice stepped forward,kneeling down and taking my hands in hers.

    "Honey no,That doesn't give him the right to cheat on you." I looked down clenching my eyes tight,"But he isn't ready to be a father...what if I'm putting too much pressure on him.." they both glanced at each other,knowing from experience that I was way too hard on myself.

    I always put others before me,even if they were toxic.

   The sound of the front door being forced open and the clacking of shoes alerted us that someone had arrived.

     Carlisle and Esme's heads popped into view above the two girls,Heartbreak was clear in their eyes at the scene in front of them.

     Rosalie and Alice stood and allowed Esme to rush forward,taking me in her motherly arms.

    A new wave of tears swarmed as I nuzzled into her safe embrace,"Shhh my darling,I'm here." She cooed softly,gently running her hand through my hair and lightly rocking us.

She knew this always calmed me down.

     Carlisle stepped away,Alice and Rosalie following close behind. "I've informed the others of the situation,We've all agreed it would be best if Mariana moves in with us."

  Alice nodded in agreement,"Sending her back to that monster will break her."

     Rosalie growled at just the thought,"He's lucky I don't go there and-"

   Carlisle shot her a look,"We don't need to upset her anymore than she already is,I fear what this stress will do to her and the baby. " he said worriedly."The boys are getting her things from her house as we speak,I don't want her anywhere near Luis."

    They came to an agreement and turned just as Esme was helping me out of the bathroom,"Come on darling,Let's get you into bed.I'll bring you up some soup."

    The Coven mother shared a look with her family before leading me upstairs.

    Carefully helping me into bed she covered me in a nice warm blanket,"I'm sorry for the mess in your bathroom.." I whimpered humorlessly,She shook her head and lightly ran her cold thumb across my cheek. "Don't apologize,I'm just happy you're here where it's safe. We're going to take care of you okay my darling? I promise."

    Too tired to argue I simply nodded,"Thank you mom.." she felt her unbeating heart squeeze,Venomous tears glazed her eyes. "Goodnight sweetheart,I love you." She placed a kiss on my forehead,Turning out the light and quietly shutting the door behind her.

   Leaning back she looked up at Carlisle who was patiently waiting in the hall,"Carlisle..." he nodded and took his loving wife in his arms.

"We'll protect her Esme,She's a Cullen now."