03: Too Delicate

𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄

By the time she made it back to her cottage, her feet were muddy and cold. Her arms had goosebumps on them, and her hair that was once styled was now a complete frizzy mess.

The door slammed behind her. Taking a breath, she brought her hands to her chest, contemplating what to do next. She was...angry with herself. She had one rule and broke it.

She was also shocked for the man she had met on that tree was King Demise. He was a God in their world, the highest authority, the strongest lycanthrope, the most powerful entity. She had casually spoken to him before, how silly. She didn't address him by his title.

She spoke out of turn with him. She should be punished...perhaps she would be.

Demise was known as a fearless Primus. He was terrifying to those he considered an enemy. He was brutal, more beast than man, they said.

She didn't understand. If he was so terrible, why was he almost gentle with her before? Why wasn't she already fired? Why was she still in the confines of her home even though she broke his rules?

She was freezing. Her thoughts vanished. She went into her bathroom, wiping off her makeup, and showering away the dirt. She was presented to him as a gift. He didn't take it. Why not?

He wanted it. She could see it when he was standing before her. Why did he not just take her? Because she looked him in the eyes? Was that so bad? She looked him in the eyes before, and he didn't seem too angry about it.

Once she was finished, she put on her pajamas and brushed through her hair. She should apologize. He broke a rule.

Still, she was always told not to seek a Primus unless he had called her. It was still tonight... technically, she was still beckoned.

She put on her shoes and went back to the palace.

It was dark when she entered. The torches were lit on the stone walls, but besides that, there was no light. She climbed the stairs to the third floor where she had been taken. She saw light peek from under the door that was closed. As she walked toward it, she felt queasy. Maybe she should just go home–

She stopped, hearing a female speak on the other side. It suddenly dawned on her; he desired a chosen...just not her.

If that wasn't a blow to her confidence...

She backed away slowly, trying not to make a noise as she retreated. She escaped unnoticed, walking back to her cabin with her head hung.

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄

EARLIER...

He needed a chosen. He needed one since daylight. Chosens were a lifesaver for lycanthropes like him. He had sent in a request that was quickly answered. When the time came for him to see the female he would spend the night with, he walked into the room.

As usual, the chosen was prepared like a rose, waiting for him on the bed. Strawberry, his favorite scent, filled his nose. He removed his jacket, placing it on the couch. This wasn't his room; no, he slept in the basement. This was specifically for chosens. It was the most expensive room in the palace.

The sheer mesh hanging over the large bed painted an exquisite portrait for him. A beautiful, petite body lying on the bed, her hair falling off the edge. Her hands were on her stomach, fisting the fabric of the babydoll lingerie. It drove him mad because the tighter she held, the further it would slither up her thighs.

He knew the moment he saw her that she was beautiful. Gentry did well. Very well. He hadn't seen her face, but he didn't have to. Her body appealed to him. He walked around the bed, going to her feet. He had a sudden urge to grab her waist and bounce her on his cock.

He would. Not now.

He could tell by the way her heart was racing that she was nervous. Perhaps she was new. He would be gentle for her, even though she would still be exhausted by the end of it.

This woman didn't know what would happen tonight. She didn't realize how...draining he could be. She didn't know the pleasure that would consume her soon and the way her body would be drained by him.

She reminded him of her.

Fuck, he was hard just from the thought.

He would take this woman, and then any desire for the other would disappear. He hoped so, at least.

She gasped before quickly turning to look at him. He froze. He knew that face. It was her. The woman who triggered his need to fuck someone tonight. She was the woman who looked at him with nothing but kindness. A woman so small he could crush her in his grasp without trying.

Delicate. She was delicate.

Too delicate.

She looked at him with such honest kindness that it took his breath away. She didn't fear him. In fact, even after seeing his red eyes, she moved closer to him. She sat before him, her large brown eyes gazing up at him.

She was beautiful, a delicacy for his eyes. And she wanted him. She would give herself to him willingly and enthusiastically.

Though because it was her job or because she genuinely wanted to, he wasn't sure.

The tales were right about him. His touch was deadly. One touch from him, and he would surely hurt her. He couldn't...not her. He couldn't touch her, couldn't ravage her...he couldn't hurt her. He didn't know why.

His hand grabbed the post of the bed, splintering the wood before turning away from her. "Leave." She said something. He didn't hear. "Get out!"

Then she was gone. She ran from him. Good. She should.

He couldn't have her. She was too good. Too kind. He wouldn't take her. He would take someone else.

He called another to this room. When she came, he was thoroughly unsatisfied. He longed for her...

"Primus," the chosen greeted, moving toward the bed. She laid down, already in her chosen attire for the evening. She had taken him before. She was excited for this evening, for any night with Demise was a treat.

He didn't respond to her. Instead, he walked toward the window, staring out of it as he contemplated. He heard footsteps approach his door, but he didn't regard it. It was her scent that sent him reeling.

It took every bit of strength in him not to follow her. He didn't even know her name. Groaning, he shut his eyes in annoyance. He backed away from the window, realizing once again his length was hard.

Not for the woman on the bed, though.

He suddenly realized that even if he took another lycanthrope, he wouldn't be satisfied. He yearned for something he wouldn't let himself have. "Leave," he muttered.

"Primus, what is wrong?"

"I said leave! Now."