Night My Love.

Day 1 of Training week.

Waking up to the sound of an alarm at 5 am was something I was not looking to do. Yet here I was at the front of the school, taking attendance of the students who were there. Captain really wanted us to be ready for anything in the Interhigh-preliminaries. Most importantly, he wanted me to play with the team to throw them off and "keep them on their toes".

The good thing about all of this was that the first part of the tournament was going to be held in the Shiratorizawa Civic Gymnasium. This made it so much easier for the time to be well prepared and also for me to get anything. In addition, it also means I could, hopefully, sleep in a little.

I was honestly excited to see us in the tournament and get to know other teams. One thing that really sucks is the fact that we tend to play more college students rather than neighborhood teams.

I tried to get Ojisan to reconsider this, but he said that it wouldn't do us any good. In addition, he said something about winning the tournament for two years in a row. Man, talk about confidence. 

"Hiromi, is everyone present?" Ojisan asked.

"Yes, everyone is here, and Ushijima should be coming back from his first lap in about one min or so."

"Good, let's wait for our captain. Meanwhile, everyone warm-up. Today I want 3 laps."

Everyone started groaning at the idea of not running 3 but also at the fact that Ushijima would be known to come in first. I laughed at them and stopped when I noticed how serious Ojisan was.

I cleared my throat and looked at the schedule.

"The last person to finish does 2 extra laps and that's two laps for you Hiromi

"The last person to finish does 2 extra laps and that's two laps for you Hiromi. I don't think I was trying to be funny."

Two laps ain't that bad, heck I might be able to keep up with the group.

"Hello everyone." Ushijima said as he finished his lap.

"Ah good everyone is here. Hiromi handout the schedules and everyone gathers around."

Coach went over the schedule and explained that we would be meeting at 5 everyday. Also, to make sure we do our morning run I would be taking attendance. He said that even if the school wasn't running up properly, since it was our week off, that they would allow us to eat meals and stay here on campus at no extra cost.

We were the only group to be staying on campus since the girl volleyball was going to go to a resort up in the mountains. We couldn't really complain because we did have a whole floor for ourselves and a single room each.

"Okay guys I'm going to do some paperwork, and talk to our other manager that's still out." Ojisan said as he walked away.

"Okay guys since I will be participating with you guys this whole week I brought everyone these Apple Watches." I said as I handled everyone one.