Her personality...

Mukuro is lovely as a character, because she can change too much, if she's with her sister, she changes, if she's with Makoto she changes, if she's disguised she changes, and alone she doesn't know what to do with her life, literally... Alone she only knows how to kill and that's why she's a soldier in the first place...

I think she's better when she's disguised as Junko; she looks really cute but also I feel she's showing us her true colors when she's pretending to be her little sister...

In danganronpa trigger happy havoc, Mukuro is telling Makoto her true past as a homeless little girl in her free time events, also she's telling the past of her sister Junko, I love this fact because she's capable of telling us everything but then she's smiling like nothing serious happened, so, I believe she is more human here because she's in love with Makoto, but even if she's in love with him, telling your past just like that is not easy, I wouldn't do that so easily in her place, because that means she could look suspicious at some point... But she told Makoto almost everything anyways...

However... I believe she's also telling her past to Makoto because in her disguise, she feels she's free and she can now show her true hope and colors at least for a period of time, that makes sense to me, because I am sure she wouldn't do that as herself, even if she's talking to Makoto... She's so serious and cool, but around Makoto she's just too shy to do something very serious like that...

When she's disguised she feels freedom somehow, and that makes sense because while she's being a part of Junko's plan, she's also talking to others and finally she's not around Junko's manipulation... Making Mukuro happy, at least a little bit...

When she's disguised she feels nobody can judge her, not even her sister, who's now being the mastermind, leaving her alone, and that's why she's no longer cold and serious, when she's disguised she's feeling she's a real human... (Which is sad in my opinion, that could mean she doesn't like her true self...)

Mukuro-chan is also anorexic, she's 96 pounds, being really unhealthy, even "Byakuya" realised this in her talent development plan (Drv3). She's anorexic and that's thanks to Junko, who told her she was fat and ugly all the time (Dr 3 anime is the proof), and at the end she believed it totally, Mukuro loves her sister (because she knows Junko is always suffering, read my Junko theory if you want to understand :'3), but she knows perfectly how toxic Junko is as a person, and maybe that's why she ran away from her in the past (she wanted to make her dream a reality, she seriously wanted to be a soldier, but she also wanted to be a little happy, and that's something she can reach without the influence of Junko Enoshima).

However, she loved her sister with all of her soul, and Mukuro was feeling she was guilty for leaving her sister, all alone and homeless... And then she came back to help her sister with her plan... That's why Mukuro's so loyal to Junko Enoshima...

Fun fact: Even Toko realised Mukuro was worryingly skinny in the first killing game at some point on the story mode.

Another fun fact: In danganronpa the animation, Mukuro is the character who had less screen time (at least one minute and a half or two minutes) and still she was the most important student of all of them, because is thanks to her death the guys discovered Junko was the real mastermind of the whole killing game.