III. HAIL HYDRA

I felt warmth around me and quickly jolted awake, sitting up

I felt warmth around me and quickly jolted awake, sitting up. I looked around me and saw I was in a hospital bed, wearing a hospital gown. Looking down, I realized both my wrists were cuffed to the side railings of the bed. I instantly tried pulling my wrists out of the cuffs, struggling as I let out a wince of pain from the metal pressing against my skin.

"Help! Someone help me! Please!" I called out, hoping someone would answer my cries for help.

"Don't try, no one can hear you." A red haired man appeared at the doorway. He walked into the room and stood in front of the bed.

"Who are you? Tell me where I am, now." I demanded, trying to show no fear on my face.

"You're a fighter. We could use someone like you." He commented, but I showed no interest. "My name is Alexander Pierce, but most people call me Mr. Secretary. You're in the D.C. HYDRA facility. Year 2010." My eyes widened and quickly darted away from Pierce.

2010? No, it can't be.

"I was... I was asleep for fifty years?" I asked, my breathing become heavier.

"Fifty-six. But hey, who's counting?" Pierce answered, but I didn't care about specifics. I missed fifty years of my life. "Now, I know it's a lot to process-"

"A lot to process?" I interjected. "You kidnapped me. Took me away from my family!" I raised my voice. I had a right to be angry at these people. I could've lived a somewhat normal life.

Mum. Imagine how she was when she couldn't find me. Or worse, when she did find me. The body Zola planted. I couldn't bring myself to think of her cries when she saw the other girl's body, thinking it was me.

"By the looks of it, didn't seem like a lot of a family."

By the looks of it?

"We're you watching us?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Me? No. But when your mother put you into S.H.I.E.L.D.'s files seventy years ago, HYDRA's been keeping a close eye." Pierce replied.

         How is HYDRA still alive? Everyone knows they fell after my father crashed the plane.

         "I- I don't understand." I looked down at my lap.

         "When your father took down Red Skull, HYDRA continued to evolve from the shadows. We've been infiltrating S.H.I.E.L.D. ever since it was founded."

          "What?" I looked up, returning my gaze to Pierce.

           The work Mum and Mr. Stark put into S..H.I.E.L.D., it's gonna be destroyed.