VI. SCHALLWELLEN

All I could hear was the same constant ringing from before

          All I could hear was the same constant ringing from before. It chimed in my head like a bell that was struck so much until it finally cracked. My vision was hazy and could barely focus. Each labored breath I took made my sight less focused. I could feel myself being moved on a hospital bed.

          "She's still breathing." I could hardly hear next to me. My head slowly turned to the side and through my cloudy vision, I could see a shiny gold staff with a blue glow in the middle. But, I didn't see it for long since I was frantically being rushed through what looked like a lab.

          All I wanted to do was shut my eyes. Shut my eyes forever. The ring playing through my head was enough to make me pull my hair out, if I had the strength to. And the pain that took over my body felt worse than death itself. Death would be better than this, any of this, for that matter. Death could be a way to escape, not just from the pain happening now, but the pain that's been happening for the past two years.

          It's time to escape.

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

          "Talk to me, Strucker." Secretary Pierce walked into the room of chaos and stress. In one hospital room, a dozen nurses were frantically moving around like gas atoms to save one girl.

"She's barely holding on. The serum inside her is what's keeping her alive this long." Strucker explained as his right-hand man, Dr. List continued to treat the unconscious assassin in the hospital bed.

"Well then do better. She is one of HYDRA's best, so find some way to fix her." Pierce ordered with a not-so-subtle sense of aggression in his voice.

          "We are trying, sir. But the effects of the blast are already-" Dr. List was interrupted by the beeping sound of the vital signs monitor. Each of the lines produced shorter arches, until eventually flattening.

          "Heart rate is dropping fast." One of the nurses called out before the panic in the hospital room only seemed to rise.

          "Give me the defibrillators." Dr. List instructed and was handed the two plates. "Clear." List pressed the metal plates to Sarah's chest before her body jerked up from the shock. Although, she only collapsed back onto the hospital bed, still unconscious. "Clear." List tried once again, but Sarah remained the same. "Clear." Sarah's body jerked up and fell back onto the bed once more, and the heart monitor still showed no sign of life. The stress in the hospital room slowly died down and turned into tension. The nurses took the defibrillators back onto the cart of supplies as Dr. List removed his latex gloves.

"Time of death... 9:07 PM." He announced to the medical staff. Pierce lowered his head, not so much in grief, but disappointment. Although, Strucker felt an idea come over his mind.