XVI. YOU'RE PERFECT

young and sad by noah cyrus

"Don't wanna feel numb or mad
until I go under
And I know that you only
want me to be happy
But I still feel lonely tonight
Don't wanna be young and sad
another day longer"

I sat in the lab with Steve, Mr. Stark, Dr. Banner, Agent Romanoff and Barton. All of us gathered around the holographic screen, showing a few HYDRA files. HYDRA still wasn't completely gone, so when Steve asked if I could give any intel that could be useful, of course I said yes.

"There's also a base here, at the Schoonebeek Oil Field in the Netherlands." I pointed to the map on the holograph.

"Do you think that's where Strucker resurrected you?" Steve curiously asked.

"I don't know even know how they brought me back, let alone where they did it. Plus, all my senses were off, I could barely see anything." I explained.

"That's helpful." Stark sarcastically commented, leaning against the table with his arms crossed.

"Well apologies, Mr. Stark, but I was a bit busy dying." I remarked in a cheeky tone.

"Do we have anything else on HYDRA that can lead us to Loki's scepter?" Steve cut in.

"It says here that there was a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent came pretty close to exposing HYDRA, before he was killed in 2010, killer is still unidentified." Romanoff answered, looking at her computer screen.

"Do we know who the agent was?" Barton inquired.

"Umm... Agent Sterling."

I immediately felt a hole form in my stomach that my heart dropped into. The blood drained from my face as I felt a wave of gravity pushing me down. I had to remind myself to breathe after I felt myself holding in a breath.

Agent Sterling, my first kill.

The Avengers only knew I became an assassin in 2012, two years after I killed Sterling. It could've been anyone in HYDRA, it was a simple shot to the head, after all. But it was me, I was the one who took Agent Sterling's life, among so many others that the Avengers don't even know half of them.

"Keep looking, and once we find a location, we can contact Thor." Steve instructed, but to me, it just sounded like background noise.