XIII. DISAPPOINTED?

runaway by AURORA

runaway by AURORA

"Now take me home,
take me home where I belong.
I got no other place to go.
Now take me home,
take me home where I belong.
I can't take it anymore."

40.7128° N, 74.0060° W

My eyes fluttered opened to reveal that I was sitting in what appeared to be an interrogation room.

          God damnit. I was most likely in the Avengers Tower, I can't let them find out now.

To my left was a steel door and to my right was a large mirror, probably one-way. I looked down at the metal table where I saw thick, high tech steel cuffs around my wrists. I felt a tightness around my arms, they felt like bandages. Wires were clipped to a few of my fingers, I looked back to see the wires lead to a screen, a polygraph. I felt something cold sticking to the side of my neck and tilted my head in slight discomfort.

          The steel door suddenly opened before Agent Romanoff walked in, holding a file in her hand. "Good, you're awake. That disc on your neck right there, it should stop you from using your powers." She explained, standing behind the chair across from me.

          "Impressive. Let me guess, Mr. Stark?" I raised my eyebrow. If there was one person who had the technology to completely contain my powers, it would be Stark.

          Romanoff let out a breath through her nose before dropping the file folder onto the table. "We read your cryosleep file. Didn't find a lot, though." She crossed her arms and shifted her weight onto one foot.

          "HYDRA promised me confidentiality of my identity." I explained.

"To what? Kill for them?"

"Oh, I'm sure you know plenty about that, Agent Romanoff." I tilted my head. It wasn't much of a secret anymore. Romanoff, the KGB, the Red Room.

"Listen, if you cooperate, it'll be a lot easier for both of us. State your name." Romanoff instructed, but I stayed silent and kept a hard stare. "State. Your name." Romanoff leaned against the table and towered over me.

          "I'll have you know, Agent Romanoff, that I haven't lied about anything. It's still Sarah. It was my grandmother's name." I answered. Romanoff checked the screen behind me to see if I was lying, but saw no signs of it.

          "Last name." She added.

          "But then it wouldn't be as fun, now would it?" I smirked, trying to hide the fact that I was panicking inside. Every outcome I could think of would only lead to the reveal of my parentage. It seemed like there was no way out of this, but I wasn't just going to give in, not now.