Don't let me go

Hiiii I'm back, I just have a lot of ideas, so I'm writing these chapters pretty fast. I'm so sorry, this one isn't really gonna be a happy one (I may or may not have cried while writing it....) but I swear there will be happy chapters again !

And, we're getting Harry's POV again, yayyyyy :) LISTEN TO THE SONG WHILE READING!!

Hope you'll like it, let's gooo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 12th, 2020 : 

Harry' POV : 

"Harry? Everything alright ?" I hear Mitch asking me as we're walking to the studio. 

I haven't slept. Couldn't. And I haven't called. Couldn't. 

I don't even know why. I wanted to call her, wanted to hear that she was doing better, and that she read my note, and that she'd be happy to see me again. But something kept on telling me not to call, because that wouldn't be what she'd say to me. And I knew I couldn't take that. So I laid in my bed all night, my eyes wide open, seeing her face and hearing her laugh. 

"I'm good." I just answer, not looking at him. He's my best friend, and he knows when I lie to him. So if he wants to know more, he'll ask. But nothing forces me to tell him the truth. He'd probably think I'm insane anyways. Maybe I am. 

"Rough night?" he asks again and I nod. 

"Yeah...you could say that. Jet lag I guess" I shrug. 

"Let's go out tonight, have a bit of fun, it's been forever since the last time we went to a pub together !" he offers. Usually, I would've liked the idea. Usually. 

"Mmm...kay" I mumble and I walk in. 

Everyone's already here. Sarah comes to hug me, and glances at Mitch with a confused look. Do I seem this down? Fuck. 

We're supposed to have a writing session, which I really don't wanna do right now, because they all seem happy and in the mood to have fun with this. And that's really not how I'm feeling right now. I sit at the piano, listening to them as they talk and laugh together. I pull my phone out and place it in front of me. As if it was going to magically ring. 'She doesn't even have your phone number dumbass... and even if she did, she wouldn't call' I tell myself. But I leave why phone there and keep looking at it. 

"What's up with the big baby?" I hear Sarah ask, louder, to make sure that I can hear her too. 

"Don't call me that !" I say, trying to smile, but I bring back my eyes to my phone in a second. She walks towards the piano and sits with me. 

"Mmm... so, what happened in New York, Styles? Is it the pretty girl on the pictures ? Did she break your heart?" she asks, quietly now. 

"No. Sarah. She didn't break my heart. I don't even know her, I literally have known her for a day, and now...well now I'm here and she's...she's not. I don't wanna talk about it." I answer, grabbing my phone and putting it back in my pocket. 

"Looks like a there's lot of things in your mind for a girl you've just known for a day, Styles" she adds, looking at me and raising an eyebrow. She won't let this go. I know Sarah. She gives the best advice. But I know what she'd say : 'Call her, Harry'. And that's precisely why I don't wanna talk about any of this.

"There's nothing Sarah. I just...jet lag. Rough night. That's it." I say again and get up, my lies burning my mouth as they come out. I'm so fucking dumb.