Mirrorball

Okay um LONG CHAPTER WARNING but it's soooooooo adorable, trust me, and it's the birthday chapter so yayy!

The song is super important, so you guys really have to listen to it (there will be a little warning thing when you have to start it, to be in the perfect mood)

I don't think I'm gonna make anyone cry this time (please don't cry)

Let's goooooo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 16th, 2020

Star's POV :

Tom kept asking questions after I came back from lunch yesterday. There were pictures of Harry and I hugging in front of his studio all over social media, and others of us at the restaurant with the rest of the band. People saying we were 'definitely dating', since I was also hanging out with his friends and 'seemed to get along really well with Mitch and Sarah'. And of course, it's true. I really like them. Mitch kinda reminds me of myself : not super social, but also capable of being the life of the party, without trying to hard. And Sarah is just the type of person I get along with, she's really funny, easy to talk to, and seems trustworthy.

The one thing that isn't true is the whole 'they're dating' thing. Two people can apparently not  hug each other without being together... Not that I regret hugging him. Absolutely not. I felt better than I had in such a long time. It was a bold move for me, but I didn't even think about it twice. Just went for it. And he didn't pull away from me. He hugged me tighter, holding me against his chest. I felt that funny light in my own, actually. It was stronger than in New York. Probably because we had never been this close -physically close, I mean- before yesterday.

I felt...safe. 

"Alright, tell me one more time what happened !" Tom says, clearly way too excited and, for once, of course, not sleeping because of jet lag.

"Tommy...I told you five times already : Mitch ran into me, then Harry opened the door behind him, then I- I just- I hugged him. And he hugged me. And then I apologized for ignoring his calls, and he apologized for calling me while he was drunk, and the letter, and other stuff that he didn't even need to apologize for...and then well he asked me if I wanted to come in the studio with them, so I said yes, and I talked with them and it was really fun. They worked a bit, it was great to see it from...the inside. And then we went out for lunch, and it was a lot of fun too. And then I came back here" I run him through yesterday morning...again.

"Wow. This- this is so cool Starla ! Did you notice anything? Like him looking in your direction a lot, or trying to get your attention, or-"

"Tom...what are you trying to say exactly?" I ask, knowing exactly what he's trying to tell me.

"Well...you know, I personally think that Harry Styles might like you. Like, not just as a friend..." he suggests. I shake my head and start laughing. It's a frank laugh. I don't even see what Harry Styles would find so interesting in me that he'd end up liking me 'not just as a friend'. Ridiculous.

"We're not even properly friends to begin with, Tom" I finally say.

"Star. Don't try to fool me. You guys are friends. And you won't take out of my mind that he has something more in mind. Or that he will, soon. Anyways...even if you're right, which isn't the case, I like him. You look happy, you sound happy, you smile when you talk about all of that. And that makes me happy. I missed this side of you Star, hadn't seen it much in the past months..." he tells me, grabbing my hand.

And I know that he's right. I am happy right now. I had a great time yesterday, and it was so nice to talk with Harry, and to feel that warmth in my chest again. I just don't think it's a good idea to let myself feel anything more than friendship. And I know I'll end up breaking my own heart again if I do. I just know it. It's always been like that.