Meeting Again

Note: I thank all my readers for their votes and comments, you are my motivation! Enjoy your chapter

3rd POV:

The city rumbled in discussion, yesterday's heist on everyone's mind. News couldn't broadcast for fifteen minutes without a mention of the crime. Detectives and cops compete against each other, trying to sniff out any clues and make a name for themselves. As everything unfolds, a certain detective is turning a blind eye to the case, as all the traces ran dry. Who other than Akio, the ginger detective, would turn a blind eye to such a large crime? He won't waste his time with such a dead end, nonono. It wasn't long ago that he and his colleague spotted a gap in the pattern, [Y/N]. He was recently RESCUED by the villain and then released from the hospital. His superior told him to look elsewhere, and he did. But now there are dead ends everywhere, except for the teen.

He walks down the street, a paper in hand, 'Gumtree Str. building 5, apartment 8' written across it. The ginger hums, counting the buildings. One, two, three, four... five. He slows down, and turns to the building, then looking at the list of residents. His gaze scans it, until it lands on [L/N]. He taps the doorbell, and waits. "Hello?" a familiar voice sounds out from the intercom. "Oh, hello again," Akio wastes no time "this is detective Akio, may I come in?". The intercom goes quiet, and the door buzzes as it unlocks. Akio goes in, walks up the stairs, and goes to the open door of apartment 8, a person in the opening. The male in the door has (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes with a hint of curiousity in their gaze. "Hello again! I hope I am not intruding." goes Akio, shooting an apologetic smile to the male. "Not really." says [Y/N] tiredly, swiping his (h/c) hair from his eyes. "Come in." he says, walking into the apartment. Akio gives a smile to noone, and follows, shutting the door behind him.

Akio follows the host into the living room, and when he got permission to sit down at the couch, he did, the host sitting across from him. "Anything to drink?" asks [Y/N], and Akio shakes his head and mutters a thanks. "So detective," [Y/N] says, fully capturing Akio's attention, "what brings you here?". "You might have heard of the recent heist." he questions, taking a notepad and a pen from his pocket. "Trust me, it's hard not to." goes [Y/N] visibly agitated by hearing the same thing countless times this day. Akio chuckles "You're right. Either way, there are almost no traces of where the loot or thieves are, and all clues lead to nowhere, dead ends. That's why I'm here.". [Y/N] gives him a questioning look. "[Y/N], you are the only person I know of that could shed any light upon Silhouette. Do you have any clues?".

Akio POV:

"Hmm..." [Y/N] thinks, looking at the ground. "Well," he smiles at me "come look at this." He gets up and walks over to his laptop, and I quickly follow. He opens his internet history, and points out the few ransacked scrap yards and a missing crane, explaining how they probably made some of their own equipment, and how he looked for it in his free time, as he was curious. I quickly pull out my notepad and write down notes, noting websites, dates and locations to look up later. Better than nothing. "[Y/N]," I say while writing "have you met Silhouette recently?". The male goes quiet, then looks at me " I doubt it.". At this moment, his (e/c) eyes mysteriously shined, and even when he looked back on the laptop screen, I found myself wondering, how does his mind work? Who is this person? As a detective, I should know, but his records dont explain that mysterious bright shine in his eyes when I asked him, for some reason looking at me so deep I almost choked. "T-Thank you for answering my questions, is it okay if I come by sometime?" I ask, cursing myself for suttering. "Sure." he replies, and then he walks me out. He's quite mysterious, and I think I could get his help in my detective work.

Your POV:

OH MY GOD THAT WAS SO CLOSE

I make a pained expression and scutter away from the door. I did NOT expect a visit, especially not HIM. At least I played it off, and Nori wasn't around. I sighed in relief, and walked back to the living room. "Hey.". I flinch, and whip my head around. Nori is there, smiling at me. "When did you get here?" I ask, and he admits he just arrived, trough the window I left open. "Oh, okay.". He walks in closer to me, a mischevous smile on his lips. "Were you worried?" he asks me, and gets closer to me. "Honestly, I had a hunch you would get out of it, like you always do." I reply, then his golden, bright yellow eyes gently lay upon me, his mischevous smile changing into a sincere one. "Well, even I was astounded at how smooth the raid went. We got some funds for the future, as well. Oh, and everyone is overjoyed at how their budget for Christmas is, Doc, my right hand wants to buy himself a gaming console." he grinned at me, speaking of his organization like he trusts me with his secrets.

"You're weird." I say, his smile dropping, then a mischevous one replaced it. He knelt down on both of his knees and gently grabbed my wrists in his hands "I trust you, I don't know why.". I lightly shake at his touch, surprised. He pulls my hands towards his head, pressing my palms against the sides of his head, his fluffly soft hair tickling my fingers. When I stop thinking about how unbelieveably soft his hair is, I look down at his face. His eyes half-lidded, a big red blush spread across his face, his mouth slightly open in bliss. He shuts his eyes, rubbing my hands in his hair. My face flushes crimson as he shakily exhales , then opens his eyes as I slowly pull my hands away, and he frowns, yet lets me go. "Hey [Y/N]," he says as he gets up "are we friends?". "I'd say yes." I smile, my face red. He smiles at me "Since I know you're okay now, I'll get going." he says, looking at me. "And this," pulling out a thick envelope, he says "is for you.". He waves, and leaves out the window.

I open the envelope... Huh... Wait... How much money is this? ... This is... 250 000 dollars??? That's enough to buy a Lambourghini! What am I going to do with all this money? Give it back to him? Hand it to Akio?