One - library

Y/n's pov

It's a foggy September evening,
right after a quick dinner, me  and my bestfriend Abby decided to head straight to the library for a lil reading session. There were only a few students since majority of them were still eating.

'so y/n , you still haven't told me about your holidays' says Abby looking up from her book.

'Well, what to say. It's always the same annoying shit every year. I also spent most of the time alone since my parents were out of town for work'
I reply still facing my book, thinking about how my break could've been more enjoyable.

' I still can't believe that your parents didn't allow you to stay at my place' admits Abby sighing.

Abby is a sixth year Hufflepuff; she is just as tall as you , her hair are long curly and dark brown and her eyes are brown. She is very friendly,kind and hardworking. She has half of Hogwarts boys chasing her , but she has never dated anyone cause she wants a man and not a silly boy who want to date her only for her looks. And I agree with her cause this girl knows her worth, and I clearly  have a lot to learn from her.

I, too, have never dated anyone before , not because of my looks ( you are a very beautiful lady and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!!) , but because I may appear intimidating and I  tend not to trust anyone that easily.
Also for that Abby is my only friend, since first year she had always understood me throughout my trust issues and family problems.

' I know right, we could've spent sleepless nights watching movies and argue about who is the hotter main character or reading muggle books which I find more interesting ' I let go looking at her this time.

'So..y/n..' she says looking at me with a teasing look

Omg I already know where she's going with that smirk

'Oh no, please don't continue I kno-'

'What about Tom' she say still smirking, interrupting my complaints

'Luckily my family didn't host any parties this time' I manage to say looking back at my book, and rereading that one sentence that I couldn't understand because of getting distracted every minute .

'Woah..' I  hear escaping from Abby's mouth.

'What do you mean woah' I  look at her, she wasn't looking at her book or at me, so I follow her gaze .
I  let out a little 'woah' myself when I  see who distracted my bestfriend.

Right at the library entrance stands Tom, but he's... different?? He's more .. handsome? Yoo y/n what the fuck! what are you thinking??.

His hair are longer and he has a curly portion of hair sitting on his forehead.
His jaw is more defined and he's taller. He's holding some parchment and the veins on his hands are visible.

How can someone change this much over summer?

'y/n stop drooling' whispers Abby keeping herself from laughing

I didn't realise I  was staring at him for and embarrassing amount of time

Tom's pov
I finished dinner pretty early, since I wasn't even that hungry in the first place.
'I'll head to the library' I say after taking a last sip of water and standing
'Oh okay' replies Avery with his mouth full of potatoes.
While the other slytherins were also too concentrate on eating.

Disgusting

Even before his reply , I was already heading to the door.
I don't need someone's approval and that kinda irritated me.

Walking through the long ,lantern lit corridor I find yourself wondering about something , more specifically someone.
I push off the thought, it damages my pride thinking about a girl.. specially if that girl is y/n.
But I must admit, I wasn't used to not see her during the holidays .
As soon as I open the library's door i feel someone's gaze on me.
I search for the source of that feeling.. till your eyes meet.

A/n: soo this is my first first chapter, I really hope this isn't that bad :/ it took me more that an hour lmaoo.
-10 November 2020