Four - my man

Tom's pov
I entered my room, that I have all for myself, and heard a tapping sound coming from my window. As I draw near the source I found out that it was my parents owl.
I opened the window and got the letter from its beak
As I opened it I read

Our dearest son,
Regarding the matter that we discussed during summer, your mom and I would like to officially meet your girlfriend. Please let us know something about her, but we know that you won't disappoint us.

Love, mom & dad

I put the piece of parchment on my desk as I throw myself on the bed.
I'm too tired right now, I'll think about it tomorrow.

✧༺♥༻∞∞༺♥༻✧

I woke up without any alarm, it's 5 am. I got up , and got ready.
Since it's still too early I like to read a bit before heading to breakfast.
As I opened the door I notice that there's someone already in the common room. Going down the stairs I realised who it was, y/n.

She's sitting in the armchair , her forehead is frowned as she reads her book very concentrated . The light from the fire place makes her smooth skin glow and her eyes a lighter shade.

'What are you doing up this early?' I asked breaking the tranquil atmosphere .

Y/n jumped a little in the armchair, since she didn't noticed me
'Uh um , reading' she replies taken on the spot.

' I didn't know you could read' I reply sarcastically as I walk towards the couch

' very funny Riddle' she replies with a small chuckle. 'But I could ask you the same' she says looking at me

'I'm going to read too' I say lifting up the book I was holding to show her.

'Seems legit' she whispers loud enough for me to hear, as she proceeds reading.

We spent a few minutes reading, with a comfortable silence that no one dared to break.

It was already 6.30 am, students start to wake up and go to breakfast.

I heard fast steps descending the stairs and I already knew to who they belong to.

'TOMMYY BOYYYYY its a great dayyy to proceed on the mission!' Almost shouts Avery while Malfoy was just standing behind him as he saw us first🧍🏼‍♂️
Oh salazar these two I swear.

'Yeah and time for breakfast!! See ya tom' says Malfoy pulling Avery from his robe out of the room.

'Um, don't mind them' I address y/n.
She just give a small smile.

Y/n's pov

Mission? What are they talking about?hmm never mind I'm kinda hungry.

'I'm heading to get breakfast, what about you?' Omg why did I ask him, now it sounds like I care.. well..

' oh, I'm heading there in a few' he replies. Why does he sound so kind right now

'Alright ' it's all I managed to say.
I walked towards the exit and I walked through the large corridors.
There were already a few students.