05

it was already 10 pm. yiren kept staring at the clock from time to time. yoon-oh was already in bed. she sat on the living room while scrolling through her phone.

not even a text from jaehyun on what time he'll be able to come. but he did say he'll be home late.

surprisingly, yiren wasn't very tired. yoon-oh was a well behaved kid. he didn't run around and play around all day like other toddlers his age do. he just sat at the living room watching his favorite cartoon.

when the girl asked him why he didn't like playing and running around with his toys. he simply answered "yuno isn't allowed" the female found it suspicious. thinking that jaehyun was being too tight on his child.

a few minutes later the door creaked open. jaehyun slowly closed the door and came to face a unamused yiren.

"hey" he smiled awkwardly.
"you're still awake?" he dropped his bag on the table and removed his blazer.

"well. obviously" the girl watched as jaehyun walked towards the kitchen opening the fridge for a glass of water. he removed his expensive looking watch, loosening his tie and unbuttoning a few buttons on his shirt revealing a small part of his collar bone.

hot.

"sorry" he put down the glass. he looked so helplessly exhausted and sleepy.

"the meeting ended late and the venue was a two hour drive, and i had to stop by my parents house which was another one hour drive" he sighed. the girl couldn't help but understand his situation anyway.

"is he asleep?" he asked, obviously referring to his son. the boy ruffled his hair.

"have you eaten?" the female asked, not removing her eyes from her phone. trying not to look at the snack before her eyes.

jaehyun remained silent. the last full meal he had was breakfast, the last thing he ate were the free snacks and iced coffee at the meeting. he refused his parents offer for dinner since he wanted to get home immediately.

"looks like you haven't" yiren stood up and walked towards the kitchen.

"you gonna cook for me or something?" the boy asked raising an eyebrow.

"what? oh. i can't cook" she sat down one of the chairs in the kitchen island.

"let's order from one of those 24hour restaurants, all that waiting made me hungry" yiren chuckled and scrolled excitedly  on her phone.

30 minutes after ordering, the doorbell rang.
"i'll get it" the female stood up. they ordered  jjajangmyeon(yiren's pick) and pork bulgogi(jaehyun's pick)

jaehyun changed out of those uncomfortable clothes and changed into an oversized black shirt and white shorts.

they sat across each other and started digging into their food. before they knew it, they started chatting. it was the most they've said to each other in 10 years of knowing each other's existence.

"how'd that meeting go?" yiren asked while slurping her noodles.

"same old stuff, my parents make me attend twice a month to see the company's progress" he sighed. i guess it's hard to be a company's heir. good thing yangyang is the heir for their company in taiwan, since he was older, by a few minutes.

"do they know?" the girl asked slowly, trying not to offend the other. she's not really sure if they're in good terms.

"my parents? yeah they know" there was a hint of sadness in his voice though.

"they didn't at first, but they both accept yoon-oh anyway, just not the fact that i had a child at the age of 17" he shook his head.

"where's yoon's-"

"mother?" jaehyun chuckled. she had no idea who the child's mother was. she fucked so many girls she couldn't remember.

"he was left at my doorstep wrapped in thick clothing, no birthdate, no name, only the words, this is your son." jaehyun still remembered everything. he woke up and saw the month old baby (he knew it was a month old because he took it to the doctor) it was during winter too, so he couldn't just leave an infant out there in the cold.

jaehyun didn't believe it was his child at first. he reported it to the police. months later, no one really came to take the baby. his parents made him take a dna test. and it was positive.

"oh" was the only thing that came put of yiren's mouth. it must have been hard for him to take care of a son all alone when he himself was also almost like a child.

"it's late, you staying over?" he asked casually.

"i don't know, should i?" yiren ate her last bite and smiled brightly.

____
Hello again.

____Hello again

so pretty UwU

so pretty UwU