-4-

Doyoung looked at junkyu as he backed away.

Doyoung: hyung...you're the one that doesn't want anyone to know yet you're the one who does all this...i'm confused.

Junkyu: doyoung, its the treasure members i don't want to tell. Its them i'm scared of coming out to. It doesn't matter if others know. And there's no one here in the first place. Times like this are the only ones I can openly show you my love. 

Doyoung looked away, with heated up pink cheeks.

Doyoung: this hyung is dangerous.

Doyoung held the neck sleeve of his sweatshirt and flapped it, as if feeling hot.

Junkyu: doyoung...

Doyoung: yeah?

Junkyu: I have something to tell you. I thought hard about if i should or not but i think if our relationship has to work, we need to be an open book to each other.

Doyoung: tell me. I'm glad you're sharing everything with me. What's wrong? I'll help you.

Doyoung approached junkyu's hand and held it. 

Junkyu looked down at their interlocked hands and then back up at doyoung's face.

Junkyu: idiot...i didn't even start speaking yet and the first thing you ask if something is wrong with me...i don't deserve you...and i feel guilty saying this. But i have to. I'm so sorry for this, doyoung.

Doyoung: hyung? what is it?

Junkyu took in a deep breath.

Junkyu: doyoung...no one knows this. But i had feelings for mashiho for the longest time. 

Doyoung's smile faded. He stared at junkyu blankly. 

Doyoung: ...what the fuck

Junkyu: i know, i know. But before you get mad, pay attention to the special emphasis on "had". It was in the past. You're the first one to know.

Doyoung: so let me get this straight. I, your boyfriend, is the first person to know about your ex-crush...?

Junkyu realized how messed up that sounded when doyoung said it with his own mouth. 

Junkyu mumbled a small "yes". 

Doyoung scoffed.

Doyoung: then how is it that you came to like me. Because the junkyu hyung i know wouldn't do so much skinship ESPECIALLY kissing, with someone he has no feelings for.

Doyoung realized something.

Doyoung: and that is why he used to kiss mashiho hyung on the cheek...it wasn't just a soft spot...it was full-on love...

Junkyu: doyoung...seeing you absolutely broken after your parents divorcing absolutely broke my heart into pieces. It hurt like i was the one going through it. Seeing you be clingy with the other members made my insides burn like crazy, out of jealousy. I don't know how, or since when, but at that point i realized i loved you.

Doyoung: then what about mashiho hyung? You just...forgot about him?

Junkyu: not exactly forgot but more like my feelings for you overshadowed my feelings for him.

They just stared at each other for the longest time, without speaking a word.

Doyoung: i don't know hyung...i mean, i know you love me and genuinely think of my as your boyfriend. But this news of your ex-crush is going to take a while to be absorbed.

Junkyu: i understand. No rush. Take your time.

Doyoung: by the way, since when did you like mashiho hyung? 

Junkyu: since treasure box. The moment we first started talking. 

Doyoung eyed him suspiciously.

Doyoung: then how is it that you know exactly when you liked mashiho hyung but have no clue when you started liking ME?

Junkyu tilted his head, confused himself.

Junkyu: i don't think i knew when my feelings for mashi grew straight away. I guess i realized after a while when jihoon hyung kept clinging to him and i felt jealous.

Doyoung: then...why did you like him?

Junkyu: doyoung...we aren't going down this lane again. Its the past. We need to move on.

Doyoung: you were the one who said we should be open books to each other. So i wanna know everything. And you should be thankful that i'm taking this well. No one else would be reacting this calmly knowing their boyfriend had a crush on one of his friends. 

Junkyu: you have a point...anyways...i liked him cause of his adorable personality. He looked like he needed to be protected and would break if someone held him. That fragile. But, once again, that was the past. It shouldn't matter now because things are different. 

Doyoung pouted in a way junkyu found adorable. Junkyu wanted to hug him tightly and pinch his cheeks but he restrained himself because too much skinship would make him seem clingy and he didn't know if doyoung would like that.

Doyoung: then...why did you like me?

Junkyu laughed at doyoung's cute jealousy. To doyoung this was a competition much more important than any basketball match or treasure box competition. 

Junkyu: with you, doyoung, i have known you  for like 10 years. We were together at DEF academy and you were one of the top dancers for our age group, which, i'll admit, made me feel jealous. And then suddenly after hearing i auditioned for YG and got in, you followed, and of course, with those dancing skills you got in too. It felt like a whole competition all over again. But this time, for debuting, not dancing. 

Doyoung was losing his patience as he thought that junkyu didn't actually have anything nearly as sweet to say to him as he did about mashiho.